009. Rest Well

Life is hard on me,
and now it is time to rest.
Boracay, shall we?

🌙

DOES THE HAIKU feel like an advertisement? Boracay is one of the top beaches in the Philippines for relaxation, and this island is also famous for its blessed white sand beaches that tourists love.

Now, that is an advertisement.

Where is this prose getting at, anyway?

I know that there is no easy way to win against life. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. However, I will never surrender just because I am exhausted from fighting. Honestly, everyone has their own battles in life, and no one else knows about these battles except them. Thus, I have to keep in mind that I am not struggling alone, and even if my life is stumbling down at the moment, some people are experiencing the same thing, and some are even worse than mine.

Hardship is just part of us. All we need to do is to pause for a while and never stop chasing our dreams.

There are many ways to have a good rest, and one of them is by going to beaches. Locally or internationally, it will be up to us. Just look at the clear sky above, feel the heat of the sun, listen to the sound of the waves, smell the freshness of the cold air, and we will have a taste of a one-of-a-kind resting moment of our lives.

However, if the ocean is not our favorite place to be — the greener side of the earth is waving. There are a lot of mountains to climb if we want to, then struggle with how to get down after the fun, but kidding aside. Just grab that plane or bus ticket without any second thoughts and learn how to enjoy life while struggling at the same time.

Balance, darling.

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X