015. For Once

I am tired running
in circles just to survive.
Let me breathe, for once.

🌙

IT FEELS LIKE my soul is lost somewhere in this world while my body remains unmoving by the things that drain me the most — life.

There are days that I only want to lie in bed and do nothing aside from staring at the ceiling. There are days that I let my intrusive thoughts win and only regret my actions at the end of the day due to sudden realization. There are days that I want to spend time with my friends but alone at the same time. There are days that I lose interest in everything, even to myself. There are special days I want it to be ordinary because it feels normal to me, no matter how I look at it in any possible way.

Tell me, what am I doing with my life? I am probably wasting my time when I am supposed to have a great life ahead of me. However, I am tired and lost, and not even a single thing can help me find myself in the middle of chaos.

Tell me, am I still living or just barely surviving? Because I want to breathe, but how am I supposed to breathe when life already choked me to death?

I may be alive in the eyes of everyone, but I am barely surviving — save me.

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X.