018. Letting Go

Why is it so hard
to let those who hurt me go?
I want them no more.

🌙

WE OUTGROW EACH other as we grow up, and I realized that friends can break my heart, too.

Then people started to wonder and asked, ❝The both of you were so inseparable. What happened? What went wrong, darling?❞

However, I stayed silent in order to protect someone's peace, even though that person was undeserving. No matter how close we were back then, we still fell apart.

I believe there are secrets that only time can tell, and once revealed, it makes me realize horrible things in life. Or maybe I am just hurting inside as to why I am saying this right now. Well, I am not sure. Nonetheless, the only thing I am sure about is that friends will never keep a secret from each other, especially when it is about me.

My tears start to fall upon observing them from afar. They are happy, with or without me. Maybe I am the problem, am I right? That is why they could easily talk behind my back. They never invited me to parties and even created another group chat to make me feel like an outcast.

These are the kind of friends I have met in the past. I was happy with our journey, though it needed to end before they could end me.

I heaved a small sigh before clicking the leave chat and turned off my phone afterward. A smile appeared on my face because my heart was no longer heavy from any signs of toxicity and negativity.

Well, this is what people call freedom, my love.

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X