006. Here, Alone

I am so sorry
for reaching the end so soon,
leaving you alone.

🌙

I FAILED MANY times more than anyone can imagine before, only to wonder in this lifetime, ❝Is life a marathon?❞

I work hard to be where I am right now. It doesn't matter if I am already successful in life or still in the process of proving to people that I will be successful one day. However, I know too well that life is hard, and there is no shortcut to climbing the highest mountains. I have to be patient in order to reach the top, just like what people want me to do in life.

Again, life is not a marathon.

But if I am behind others, people will consider me worthless and definitely not worth their time.

But if I am running ahead of others, I will be surprised by the amount of praise I receive most of the time.

Let me ask again, "Do you see the difference here?" Because even if life is not a marathon, people will always see life as it is. I am either the loser or the winner in this lifetime; the result is up to me.

However, I am so innocent and blessed with the purest heart in this cruel world. No matter how strong and independent I portray myself to others, I sometimes desire to end everything in one go. What do people expect from me? I am not a robot. I am human, after all; who knows too well that the endpoint of this story is so near yet so far, and I just fall down on my knees as a sign of surrender.

Once again, life is not a marathon—yet I reach the end so soon.

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X