019. Other People

Stop comparing me
to other people because
I am not them, okay?

🌙

IF YOU HAVE no good words to say to people, can you please not open your mouth? I am just trying to get through the day, and we all are.

Why can't we all be nice to each other, hmm?

I am tired of trying to do my thing to keep me sane while trying so hard to avoid people who love to compare sea salt to brown sugar. ❝What am I saying?❞ If people may ask. What I am going to say may sound crazy, but as an observation lately, people love to compare two completely different things just to make a point, even though it is pointless.

Does anyone relate to what I am saying?

Can't they see that I am not them, and they are not me, to begin with?

Nonetheless, what can I do if some people are born to be dumb? They live in order to make gossip from the lives of those who stay silent, and these gossip makers are the only storm in my life that I cannot avoid and control. However, I am sick and tired of dealing with them. They are the reason why I am no longer confident in myself and the reason why they make me want to give up.

❝She is a better dancer than you,❞ they said. But I am not a dancer, to begin with, because I am a writer, and that's what I am good at—writing fantasy in order to escape my reality.

 But I am not a dancer, to begin with, because I am a writer, and that's what I am good at—writing fantasy in order to escape my reality

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X.