One big, emotional hug

I woke up yet again with a door knock. It's not like I was mad or anything. Besides, I wasn't really sleeping, i was just on my bed with my eyes closed trying my best to sleep, but it was useless.

I hear a knock on the door once again and I finally decided to snap out of it and get out of bed. I tiredly got out of my bed and I slowly walked to the door. I grabbed the door handle and pushed it, and I opened the door.

I see 3 of my closest friends waiting for me outside. Uraraka, Todoroki and Iida. I took a look at their faces. They all still looked at me worried and concerned.

Oh! How could I have forgotten?, I thought as the memories on what happened earlier today hit me.

I slightly frown and looked at them. Still disappointed in myself for being an asshole and loosing my cool in front of everyone. I didn't want them to worry about me even more though, so i plastered a smile on my face and gave them an awkward smile.

Uraraka was the first one to break the silence.

" H-how are you feeling now, Deku kun?", she asked stuttering a bit in the beginning.

" L-look.....I am.... really sorry about what happ-ened." I forced myself to suck it up and I bit my tongue. I didn't wanna cry again and make a fool out of myself. " I-i don't know what came over me..... I.... I understand if you don't wanna be my friend any-"

Just as I was about to finish what I was going to say, my short haired, brown eyed friend cut me off.

" What do you mean- you understand if we don't wanna be your friend anymore!?", she shouted tears slowly forming in the corner of her eyes. " Why would you ever think that!? We are and still your friends, Deku kun! We would never just abandon you like that!"

I was kinda stunned and I didn't know what to say. The only word that uttered out of me was, "Uraraka...."

Then, my bi-coloured friend decided to speak up. " You know.... we are really worried about you, right?" He says with his usual coldness in his voice, yet more different than usual. It was almost like.... his voice was calm in a way. Another surprising thing was that, he was also showing slight emotion to his face while smiling a little. Not a happy smile, but a sad one, filled with concern.

I then notice Iida looking down on the floor, were there was a tray and on it was my food.

Oh yeah... my food.... I remember that about an hour ago, Yaoyoruzu knocked on my door, delivering the food to me. I wasn't in the mood to talk so I just stayed quiet, hopefully making her think that  I was asleep or something. I guess, she decided to leave it next to my door, on a tray.

" You still didn't eat....", he said, lifting his head back up.

" I didn't want to..... I... I gotta apologise to the othe-"

I was cut off yet again by Uraraka.

" Deku kun... you know we're still friends, right?.... even after what happened earlier in the dining room."

" Y-yes...", I say.

She continued, " Why did you think that we would leave you just because of what happened earlier?", she said this really calmly actually. Even though tears were still coming out of her eyes.

I hold back my tears, " I- I just thought that you would hate me or something for acting like that....."

Then, they did something that I hadn't expected. They hugged me. It felt unreal. Why would they hug somebody like me? Especially after what I did.

I was too stunned to speak. It all happened so quickly.... i really did not expect them to do that.

At that point... I couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears were starting to come out, out of my eyes. I couldn't help it....they just started to shed. It was just too much to handle.

We stayed in a hugging position for about a good 5 mins and then we just slowly broke it off. As soon as we broke off the hug, I rubbed my eyes quickly with my sleeve so that the tears would go away and stop messing my vision.

I know for a fact that all 3 of them noticed my crying, though I wished that they didn't. They didn't really question me about the crying, though.  What they did, is that they told me that they're there for me and they're willing to listen on what's been bothering my lately. I, of course, didn't want them to get involved or else I'd only just be a burden.

Iida opened his mouth to speak, " Listen... we know you're lying, but we can't force you to say anything.... What we can do, is  hope that you'd tell us soon so that we can help you get through whatever's happening...."

" ....... " I didn't say anything to that response. The only thought that I was thinking is if I would actually come out of shell one day and tell them everything what's happening or if i would just lock this inside me forever.

He continued, " Also, we're going to take your food so that we can heat it up in the microwave. After all, you still haven't eaten "

" That's fine!", I shake my hand in a somewhat aggressive way in front of my face. " I'm not really that hungry anyways..."

Todoroki gave me a worried frown once again. " Midoriya, you need to eat. "

" But, I'm not hungry Todoroki kun... Thank you for offering to heat it up, though...really!", I say, smiling slightly and while making a piece sign to hopefully make this conversation less awkward.

" If you say so, Midoriya...", he said, with a gloomy-ish tone to his voice.

I waved bye to my friends, as it was already pass curfew and they were supposed to be in bed 3 mins ago. I closed my door.

I was feeling bored and I didn't know what to do...but, yet again, I was so distracted with my thoughts that I couldn't sleep.

I put my head on my pillow and grabbed my phone. I started scrolling through my phone, praying to maybe find something interesting enough to distract myself, but there wasn't really anything that caught my eye. Sure, i had, like what? About 3 games on my phone, but I wasn't really in the mood of playing them. I then decided to just scroll through my social media, but that didn't cure my boredom for that long. Eventually, I decided to try and close my eyes and sleep, but.... i just couldn't.... i really couldn't.... maybe, it's  because I already slept a bit today? Or...it could also be my thoughts keeping me awake...I'm not sure.

.............

.......

................

That night...

.................

..........

.............

..........

....................

I couldn't sleep......

.........

.....................

..........

....

Not

At

All.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm- I feel like I could've done this chapter better.... Oh well- fuck it 😭