➿️Formality➿️

I'm currently sitting in Deaton's vet clinic waiting for Scott to wake up as he is still unconscious from the wolfbane bullets. Scott was waking up, so Deaton went to his side as did I.

"Welcome to the land of the conscious. Are you doing okay?" Deaton asked as Scott got up.

"Maybe you should sit down, huh?" Deaton tells him. The bell rings and I and Scott move backward as Deaton goes to see who it is.

"Hello?" Deaton asks."Hi there. I'm here to pick up," Peter replies."I'm not sure I remember you dropping off," Deaton responds.

"This one wandered in on their own," Peter says."Even if he did, I'm afraid we can't help you. We're closed," Deaton tells him.

"Well, I think you can make an exception this one time, don't you?" Peter says, getting angry.

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours?" Deaton says calmly."You have something of mine. I'm here to collect them," Peter says

"As I said, we're closed," Deaton says firmly."Mountain ash. That's an old one," Peter says.

We hear a crash and smash."Let me be as clear as possible: We. Are. Closed," Deaton says firmly."Allison," Scott whispers.

《《《《

So I'm now in Scott's room watching him search for his phone along with Stiles. "Call it again," Scott pleads.

"It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles asked

"I can't afford a new one, and we can't do this alone. We have to find Derek," Scott reveals.

"Well, A) you're not alone, you have me and Esme; and B) didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead," Stiles says.

I glared and thumped him on the shoulder."Ow!" Stiles winces."Argent planned to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him,"  Scott tells him.

"All right, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter. The problem is solved," Stiles says.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! We can't protect her on my own, which means we either find Derek first -" Scott stutters

"Just just help me!" Scott stammers.

"You know, you probably lost it when you three were fighting. Do you remember that?" Stiles questions." When was he trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson?" Stiles states.

"Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behaviour here?" Stiles suggests. "Stiles, shut it!" I snapped.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone, and I'm not letting him die," Scott tells Stiles."Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles asked."What?" Stiles asked Scott.

"My mom just got home from work," Scott answers."Is she okay? What's she doing?" Stiles questions."Crying," Scott says sadly.

Scott sits on the bed, and I hug him."Scott, you can't protect everyone," Stiles says."I have to," Scott responded.

*

I'm standing with Scott and Coach as Coach is stopping Scott from going to the formal tonight."What do you mean, I can't go to the formal?" Scott asks

"McCall, you're failing my class and two others. They told me to cut you from the team. I told them I'd sooner cut off my last remaining testicle than cut my best player," Coach explains.

"S-so the compromise is I can't go to the dance?" Scott says."Yeah," Coach says."Then I quit the team," Scott says.

"No, you don't. And, if you show up at the dance, and I see you there? I'm gonna drag you out by your teeth," Coach laughs.