Chapter 1. Now

It has been years since the reign of the gods. All they are now is stain glass in an old window. In an old church. In an old city. But, the somber gloomy reality of everyday was soon to change. And it all started, with a girl named Sophie.

Sophie was an ordinarily girl, back in the days of old when the kingdoms were rules over by gods. Sophie lived in the kingdom of Deverendon, Ruled over by the God of Death. Sophie, was however an orphan. She wandered the rainy streets of Deverendon, her path illuminated by only the neon lights of the strip clubs and bars which decorated almost every street in Deverendon.

Out of all four Kingdoms, Deverendon was the most modern. New technology? Deverendon already had that.

Sophie wandered through the streets groaning in annoyance as the rain soaked her clothes and hair. She jumped over a glass bottle on the pavement as she walked.

As she walked down another illuminated path she heard shouting and yelling coming from a bar and before she could make out what was being yelled, a man had walked out the bar. The man didn't seem old, certainly not old enough to be in the club. But, as Sophie took in his appearance, she realised two things.
1. He was an incubus considering he had the red horns and the tail and everything it was rather obvious and
2. It was Charles De'Flowatza, the son of the God of Death. He walked down the street in her direction. The girl smirked, this could be her chance to get to the God. Maybe have some better fortune.

She rubbed a little dirt on her face and as he came closer she got on her knees "Please sir" she said "I'm just a poor orphan, May I come with you? I have no where else to go" she looked up at him. She smirked seeing his expression become one of pity "Oh...I guess so...Sure..." he said "Um...come with me...I suppose....".

Charles began to lead the way, they reached a castle, not an overly large one however. Charles hid Sophie under his cloak, sneaking past the large stone statues of the God of Death herself.

Together with Charles they quietly snuck through the halls. Framed portraits garnished the walls and furniture decorated the floors. Flowers and suits of armour, really what you would expect from a castle.

After what seems like an hour of walking through the maze that seemed to be the castle Sophie and Charles reached Charles's bedroom. He sighed "Listen, I may be in some deep stuff if you get found so don't go making a load of noise" he warned "I'll bring you food from my meals for you to eat and you can sleep in umm.." he thought for a moment looking around. "THAT draw! " *he declare pointing at a deciently large drawer, it was just big enough to fit a 8 year old. Perfect for Sophie.

"Crazy to think that Sophie took over after all of this"

~End of Chapter~

Authors note:
I'm up at 4am writing this shit. I just wanted to note, Sophie isn't an attempt at putting me in this story OR a Mary sue of any sort. She was excepted early because of Charles being too nice. Sophie was the second character to ever be made so it was hard to come up with a flawless normal backstop for her, but the original is that she was adopted by..... You'll find out who 🦜