♡[13]♡

~20240102

Inevitable gasps left the students, followed by the clustered whispers resonating the halls at the sight of Jungkook walking back into the very halls that witnessed the awful sight of him being cuffed, dragged by the policemen with his head pointed towards the ground. The action caused not due to shame but to hide his eyes burning in anger at the audacity of the men dragging him.

Jungkook halted in his steps, his jaw clenching along with his fists. All it took was one cold look from Jungkook for the crowd in the halls to turn silent, with their breaths stuck in their throat until he resumed making his way to his class.

Yugyeom and Eunwoo followed him far behind with cautious steps and distance, recalling the words Jungkook brutally uttered few minutes ago in the parking lot.

"I don't want you anywhere near me today. It's for your own good."

They knew they had no choice but to obey after witnessing the voidness on his face and the coldness in his voice. But they still chose to stay nearby for a lot of not so pleasant reasons.

As soon as Jungkook entered the class, he looked at the spot Taehyung sits in. He stared at the empty seat for a few seconds before taking his usual seat. He started clenching and unclenching his bandaged hand while gritting his teeth as he watched Taehyung's empty seat throughout the class.

He blinked his eyes when the class finally ended. He smirked fisting his palms, smudging the blood there as he uttered the words maniacally. "You think you can escape huh?" He got up from his chair, pushing the table harshly before walking out the room and the university, driving away to 'Roar'.

.

"No. No. No. No." Taehyung chanted, widening his still blurry eyes when he looked at the clock. "I am gonna miss the first class. Sh!t!" He got out of the bed after harshly pulling away the duvet off him, fumbling on his way to the washroom.

He was never the one to get late. He always sets his alarm and wakes up even before it goes off. The worst that happened was him actually waking up to the sound of the alarm. And now, he found himself sleeping through the blaring alarm and waking up to his mother's worried voice, inquiring if he was doing fine for not attending the university.

She laughed and shook her head when she saw Taehyung look at the time and panic. She realised he just overslept and left the room after leaving a soft kiss on his forehead.

Taehyung's scrubbed his body in hurry, still chanting soft curses directed towards himself. He knows he deserves them. After all, he was the one who was worried for Jungkook the whole day, trying to know through his friends about the situation he was in. It only eased when he watched the 9 PM news about Jungkook getting a bail and confirming the misinformation of the Jeon heir.

The peace only stayed for few moments until he took out his phone to text Jungkook, only to realise he doesn't have his number. He stayed up all night thinking, worrying, feeling bad about what Jungkook must be going through after spending a night in the prison. He would've just stayed home after missing the class but he wanted to meet Jungkook as soon as possible.

"Aish... The class must've already started." He took a deep breath, brushing his hair hastily, after getting ready for the day.

"Eomma!! Appa!!! I'm leaving!!!" He screamed coming down the stairs and was about to leave after waving at his parents who were having their breakfast but his father stopped him.

"Why don't sit down and have breakfast?"

"But appa..."

"I believe your first class has begun." Taehyung nodded walking towards his father. "So have breakfast and then we'll drop you at the university on our way to work."