♡[15]♡

~20240122

Jungkook placed his elbows on his knees, leaning forward with his leg moving up and down in worry. It been few minutes since they took Taehyung to the emergency room. He wanted to hear something; anything.

He closed his eyes to detract from the image flashing in his mind, but it only got limpid at the action. He opened his eyes in a jerk and rubbed his face in frustration.

This was his intention to begin with. To hurt the other. To make him feel the pain. To warn him. Warn him about the consequences of 'fooling' him. That is what triggered the doe eyes in first place. But not to this extent. He didn't mean to hurt him to this level. Jungkook has broken a lot of bones in his life. He never backed out to pour his anger out on the person who caused it mercilessly.

He couldn't assimilate the fact that Tae was not who he thought he was. Two emotions steeped within the depth of his emotions. Disappointment and Betrayal; masked as hate and anger to satisfy his ego.

Only if Jungkook looked closely. Even though he acted the way he did with Taehyung, he knew he was a nice man. He just didn't encourage the thought more than he needed to. Clearly, he failed.

He quickly got on his feet, yanking his thoughts along when he saw the emergency room open. The doctor walked out and Jungkook looked at him agitated.

"He lost a lot of blood. He was barely breathing when you got him here. It's still shocking how he survived so long."

Jungkook breath hitched at his words, his eyebrows slightly drawing together.

"H-how is h-e?"

"He is stable now. A very strong boy he is. We need to monitor his condition though." The doctor held his shoulder and squeezed it assuring the lost man. "Don't worry young man, he will be okay. It's just a formality."

Jungkook walked mechanically towards the door and looked at the  unconscious man through the glass door.

'It's still shocking how he survived so long.'

He breathed out loudly, his shoulders slumping as he stared at  Taehyung, only making it harder to look at him with oxygen mask and all the wires attached to him.

He didn't want to feel this way. Even though he wasn't justifying his act now, he still thinks Taehyung was the one complained about him. So, he decided. He will do his part and once he ensures that he is fine, that'll be it. No more Kim Taehyung in his life.

"I shouldn't have gone too far but get well soon and let's get this over with... Yeah..." He whispered, nodding to himself. 

Before he could ponder further, he heard Taeyong calling out his name and running towards him.

"Koko hyung !!!" Tears were rolling down his cheeks and sobs leaving his mouth as he hugged Jungkook waist.

Jungkook looked up at Yugyeom who mouthed a helpless 'Sorry' for bringing the kid here. But, Taeyong kept crying to take him to the hospital when he overhead Yugyeom talk to Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded, understanding the situation and got on his right knee to hold Taeyong's shoulders. "Hey bud. Why are you crying? He is just resting." He wiped his tears with the pad of his thumbs, trying hard to smile.

"No! You are lying. Then why is hyung in the hospital? I want to see him!!"

Jungkook wanted to say something assuring, make something up but he couldn't utter a word when he recalled he was the reason for the condition. He was again lost in thoughts.

Yugyeom had to interfere. He gently turned Taeyong towards him and smiled. "You are indeed a clever boy. You hyung fainted and accidentally hit his head in the process. He'll be fine. The doctors said he will be up after rest." He ruffled his hair and looked at Jungkook, who was staring at the floor.