A Heart Never Stops

Note at the end of the chapter.

"SHIHANA!"

From their seats, viewers were craning their necks, standing up, all in the hope of getting a better view of what was being obscured from them. The cold misty fog combined with the sand in the air unfortunately provided for an excellent smoke screen. Everyone had seen the white haired little girl run start for the powerful robots just as they were on the verge of collapsing. 

'What was she thinking?!' they thought. Fearful mutters echoed from all around.

Down below, standing before the entire commotion,even the 1st year students were clueless as to what happened to the small female, having to shield their eyes from all the debris caused by the fall. It was a tsunami of dust and ice. Not a good combination.

Tired of waiting for the air to settle, Katsuki threw his arm away from his face, baring his teeth as he desperately looked around. Frantically running forward, yearning for any glimpse of that snow white hair. His chest was heaving with worry as he ran forward, disregarding the fact that there would be more machines to follow. 

His chest felt like it was about to explode, he could feel his hands get clammy from the worry, his red eyes a blur as they searched the scene. The beating of his heart felt as loud as drums to him. Could she hear it? His heart? 

Damn it! Where is she!? Fucking Half-and-Half bastard!

His eyes zeroed in on the rubble on the ground, the air now clear enough to see that where Shihana ran towards was now completely covered with mangled robot parts. However, before he could begin to hyperventilate, his ears perked up at the sound of Present Mic's voice. Maybe...

"What's this!? Another student has made it! Whew, man I was a bit worried there... uh, ahem!" The pro hero faked a cough. "Now in second place, Kurohi Shihana from Class 1-A!"

That was all he needed to hear. Katsuki could feel his hands shaking as he tried to regain his composure. Damn it, this girl... what was she doing to him?

Some distance away, a certain green haired boy was practically crying with relief as he heard this as well. Wiping his eyes with his sleeve, the boy smiled, happy, before suddenly frowning. 

"Why does Shi-chan have to be so reckless!" He cried out. 

Around him, other contestants gave him weird looks. They gave each other nervous glances and quietly backed away a little, going unnoticed to Izuku. Those in his class weren't as bothered however, having gotten used to his ways.

Cheeks flushed, chest heaving, Shihana nearly collapsed right there and then, but continued instead in a light jog. Damn, that was a close one! She really needed to think things through more often.

There hadn't been much time to think though. It was either go or miss an opportunity to be ahead from the rest. If she had waited, sure she would have been safe but at a disadvantage. Plus, she prefers not showing her abilities just yet. But man! As soon as she ran, there was no turning back, only forward. If she was even a second off, she would be killed. "Sharingan!" With a shadow casting over her, her eyes glowed and in less than a few seconds, her eyes dashed side to side, observing everything in slow motion. But it wasn't slow motion. A 3 ton piece of metal was going to make her a stain on the floor if she didn't run fast enough.

When she spotted an opening, she wasn't hesitant in taking that path. Immediately, the girl twisted and turned, bending to accommodate for the dangerous situation while reeling in her harms, the dangers of getting caught all too real. Her heart felt as though it was at her throat. And with a final skid, the girl slid into the other clearing, just in time to avoid the collapse of the falling Leviathan. Quickly, she deactivated her Sharingan.