Chapter 37: Dad's Dungeon

(This chapter and the next chapter are gonna be HUGE story changers. Get ready. BTW this is a Y/n Chapter)

[The story begins on the boat of the Tree Fort. Y/n, Finn, Jake, and BMO are lounging around. Finn yawns.]

Jake: Alright. Whaddaya wanna see next?

Finn: A cheetah! A fart!

BMO: A cookie! An external hard drive! Ooh, ooh! Change into Finn, but give him my body!

Finn: BMO, your ideas are boring.

BMO: What? Your head on my body isn't boring! It's weird! [Giggles]

Y/n: Gotta admit, he's right. That one was kinda lame BMO..

BMO: You know nothing!

Jake: Alright, I'll try to turn into a cheetah farting. [Turns into a cheetah and makes a long farting sound while moving his face and tail around his body.] I can't do the spots.

Y/n: If you could, it would be pretty impressive.

[The group notices sparkles on the Tree Fort's leafroof.]

Finn: Sparkles on the house? LET'S SQUISH 'EM!

Y/n: I swear if you two destroy the tree-

[Finn and Jake jump into the Fort through the weeping willow leaves.]

Y/n: Why do I even bother? 

[He jumps in after them. They chase the sparkles to a secret room in the Fort, containing a holo-message player and a holo-cartridge.]

Jake: Did you squish the sparkles?

Finn: No. They're around this holo-message player. It's got a cartridge with it.

Y/n: Oh so that's where I put it, been looking for that for a while.

Jake: Oh, snap! [Claps once] Well, plop that cartridge in the slot, playah!

Finn: Yeah! Okay! [Inserts cartridge into holo-player]

[The holo-player activates, and the late Joshua walks into view in the 3D holo video.]

Joshua [On tape]: [Clears throat] Hello, boys. [Coughs] I'm going to assume Y/n is there as well.

Finn/Jake: DAD!

Y/n: Man been a while since I've seen Joshua, still sad I couldn't be there when he passed. But we can worry about that later, pay attention you two.

Joshua [On tape]: If you're hearing this prerecorded hologram message, it's because I passed on, and my spirit sparkles combined with Y/n's magic guided you to its secret hiding place. Right now, I'm holding both of you in my hands. You're both still little squishy babies. [Finn cries and Jake chuckles. Joshua scowls at Finn who is still crying. He lets them both crawl away. Joshua has a disappointed look on his face.] I made you boys something. It's a dungeon. A proper dungeon. Full of evil monsters, traps, and magic. The whole kazoo! I even had a little help from Y/n.

Finn/Jake: Whoa! Kickin'! Kickin'!

Joshua [On tape]: Now, this next part of the message is just for you, Jake and most likely Y/n as well, so Finn, cover your ears. [Finn covers his hat's ears.] Jake... really, this dungeon is for Finn. Y/n already knows this. I know I won't be around forever, and I wanna make something that will force Finn to toughen up.

Y/n: And trust me, it will. I made sure of that.

Joshua [On tape]: Now, tell Finn to uncover his ears now.