From The Ashes...

Hey Guys,

Taking some time off has been really good for my mental health. I got to take a step back and revaluate my choices and my writing style. That being said, this time off and reflection has been quite eye opening and I'm afraid I must make this announcement.

This version of Immortals is ending.

Now there are several reasons as to why this story at least this version must end. But I'm here to explain.

The first reason for a rewrite is Furina. When I introduced Furina it was a spur of the moment type of deal. I had fallen in love with her story and was obsessesed with her at the time and this was the biggest story I was working on at the time so I thought I could add her to it with no prior planning and that turned out to be an awful idea as it lead to having to figure out ways to make her flow into the story without taking away from the original. It honestly even got me the closest to just going back and retconning her.

As much as I love Briar and Ichigo they were also a problem with the story. Especially when it came to Finn and eventually Flame Princess. Those two took away their character development. Finn never screwed up with Bubblegum and never even had an obsession with her which was a part of his character within the first couple seasons. I just gave him a love interest and that was it. Flame Princess was planned to be Ichigo's love interest but after reflecting I realized that would take away from Finn's development as well.

My biggest and most important for this story getting rewritten is actually Y/n himself and his past. I just picked Calli and Kiara as his mothers cause I was watching them a lot during the time when I first started. Y/n was originally supposed to be the younger brother of one Clive Rosfield who disappeared after his older brother become Ifrit for the first, which is why Ifrit appeared earlier in the story but I eventually changed it. Also Fionna and Cake hadn't been out yet when I first started this story, after watching that series and seeing how multiverse travel was banned it got me to rethink some things on Y/n and how he has either been to or traveled to all this multiverses and I just couldn't think of how. It led me to not even wanting to write the story at some points.

So with all that being said, This version of Immortals is being discontinued but do not worry for as the legend of the Phoenix states

"From the ashes of the Phoenix....

It shall be reborn anew."

I'll see you all in the rewrite, look forward to seeing you all at

Immortals: Rekindled 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/360223471-immortals-rekindled-male-reader-x-adventure-time