Author's Notes: Please Read! (UPDATED MARCH 16 2024)

This author supports a world free of hate, discrimination, and genocide. None of us are free till all of us are free. Free Palestine. Free Sudan. Free Congo. Free all peoples everywhere. 🍉🇵🇸✊🏼

AFTER A LOT OF HEAVY SOUL-SEARCHING AND CONSIDERATION, I HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE DYNAMIC OF THIS STORY FROM SELF INSERT ('READER') TO AN OC GIVEN THE LENGTH OF THE STORY AND IT'S HEAVY SUBJECT MATTER. I AM MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THIS IDEA THAN WITH SELF-INSERTING AND IT JUST HELPS KEEP MY WRITING MORE CONSISTENT. I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH THIS MOVE BUT I PERSONALLY THINK IT'S FOR THE BEST. I WILL BE GOING THROUGH THE STORY TO MAKE THE NECESSARY NAME CHANGES, I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE TO THOSE SELF-INSERTING.

A READER REQUESTED I MAKE MY FREEFALL PLAYLIST PUBLIC SO HERE IS THE LINK TO LISTEN TO ALL THE MUSIC FEATURED IN THIS STORY ⬇️

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5qdc3G04W9gLhCJeJsbCVy?si=94fa2ba7fca24af4

Hi hi. Hi again to old readers and hello to new. 

This is the second installment in the Freefall series, first published in July 2023. 

This book is tonally different than the first and deserves to be its own story. It explores themes of death, spirituality, rebirth, loss, grief, separation, sexual exploration, soulmate exploration and redemption. It also builds on pre-existing religious and mythological themes first explored in Freefall. As some of you may have noticed, I took a lot of inspiration from the Orpheus and Eurydice myth for Freefall while for Defy Gravity, I will be drawing inspiration from the Hades/Persephone myth among others.

I decided to write this book as a follow-up because I felt Freefall came to a natural conclusion of its first part and after much consideration, I decided not to extend the long-fic any further out than it already was. I don't want to muddy the waters of the first.

There's been many plot points and elements hinted at throughout Freefall and I want to have the space and freedom to explore these points further for my own enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of readers without bloating the first story. The story has a lot of plot points from the OG AOT Universe and its world-building and I will be exploring that further in this story. A lot of them can be kinda confusing for casual watchers of Attack on Titan so pleeeease do not hesitate to reach out for clarification.

Now, do not fear, this book will by no means be anywhere near as long as the first book. It will simply be the second shorter half of a long fic. 

I'm writing this book for anyone who wants to keep reading the Freefall storyline but I also imagine there are a lot of new readers coming into this unaware of the first book so I will state that obviously this story contains major spoilers for the first installment while it also works as its own standalone book. *But y'know... go read the first book, come on now 🥺👉👈...*

This story will also once again contain lots of musical lyrics throughout the novel. They're for the most part deliberately chosen because when I write, I like to listen to certain songs to get me in the headspace of the chapter's tone. I have offered it once and I still offer it, if anyone is ever interested, I am willing to put together a playlist of all the music included in this seri

I don't feel like writing a whole spiel of author's notes this time around, go read the A/N for the first book. This book contains heavy subject matter so read below. I don't include specific TW's on my chapters, just general advisories. I include all of them here instead so please go through them and decide whether you wanna continue from here. No harm no foul if you don't. AOT/SNK's themes are pretty heavy and my series doesn't stray from that heaviness. This is not your meet-cute-college-fic, do not go into this or into Freefall with the expectation that it is (I've gotten several complaint DMs lol)

Also I strongly encourage votes, comments, whatever. I appreciate any and all comments, I'm more than happy to get *constructive* criticism but BE ADVISED: YOU COME INTO MY STORY COMPLAINING ABOUT SHIT I'VE WARNED YOU ABOUT BEFOREHAND, I WILL CALL YOU OUT AS A READER WHO CAN'T READ (are you not embarazzeddd? that's real embarazzing, dont do it)

 I appreciate any and all comments, I'm more than happy to get *constructive* criticism but BE ADVISED: YOU COME INTO MY STORY COMPLAINING ABOUT SHIT I'VE WARNED YOU ABOUT BEFOREHAND, I WILL CALL YOU OUT AS A READER WHO CAN'T READ (are you not emb...

HATE COMMENTS  WILL GET YOUR ASS BLOCKED WITH THE QUICKNESS SW2G. FLAMES ARE RUDE AND DUMB AS HELL TO SEND WRITERS PROVIDING YOU WITH FREE ENTERTAINMENT SO DON'T BOTHER.

Consider yourself warned 🫵😳

⚠️ CONTENT/TRIGGER WARNING TAGS ⚠️ 

(will be edited and completed at end of story)

ALCOHOL ABUSE, CHILD DEATH, DEATH, DRUG ABUSE, PREGNANCY, SEXUAL ASSAULT, SMUT, SUICIDE, VIOLENCE

I ONLY OWN THIS STORY AND ITS ORIGINAL CHARACTERS. I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN. THE CHARACTERS INCLUDED FROM THAT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ARE UNDER THE RIGHTFUL OWNERSHIP OF HAJIME ISAYAMA. THANK YOU AND MUCH RESPECT TO YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK.