*Chapter 05: Lovers Reunited

Eren drives you around the northern tip of Paradis, taking in the older towns that cater to fishing in Paradis' chillier northern climate. You drive in peace, constantly reaching across the arm rest for each other's hand as you do.

"Now what the fuck do you even do up here for fun?" Eren murmurs as he looks around as you enter the fishing town of Mitras. "Besides fishing?"

"I'm not sure," you murmur absentmindedly as you look out the window and take in the ocean. You stare at the water hypnotically, zoning out as you hear the sound of waves in your ears and Eren looks over at you and squeezes your hand tighter.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, yeah, I'm alright..."

Eren sighs, "Well, it's almost dinner time, we could get food at least. You hungry?" You look at Eren and side-eye him coyly and Eren looks at you and chuckles. "Sorry, stupid question."

"It's alright... this must feel so surreal to you," you say. "Being in this car with me."

"Well... I'd be lying if I didn't say I keep think I'm dreaming... It's a lot to wrap my head around..."

"Maybe we shouldn't do this Eren," you say cautiously. "I don't want you to start confusing the real world for the paths world."

"Nah, don't worry about it. Not right now," Eren insists as he scratches his face. "Let's enjoy our time together, it's been so long since we had any. Would you mind if I eat?"

"Of course not," you smile. "Don't let me stop you."

With that Eren's stomach grumbles as he pulls the jaguar into a sea-food restaurant by the sea. You check your appearance in the mirror and reach for your scarf.

"I don't think anyone's gonna recognize you up here hun."

"Well, I at least should wear my sunglasses to be on the safe side," you sigh and put them on. "I'm gonna look so suspicious being indoors with shades on..."

"Not a problem," Eren grins and grabs a pair of his out of the arm rest. He puts them on and plants a kiss on your cheek. "See? No harm, no foul." With that he hops out of the car and briskly walks over to your side as you grin and bite your lip in excitement. He opens the car and pulls you out as you giggle.

You turn to move before you're stopped by Eren putting his hands on the car on either side of you. He looks at you and slowly removes your sunglasses and his.

"I never got to tell you..." Eren murmurs, "I can't believe your eyes are purple now..."

"Violet, they're violet Eren..." you grin coyly Eren shrugs mischievously.

"I don't give a fuck; they look pretty either way," he smiles and bites his lip softly. You smile softly and lean in to kiss him as you hear a screech above your head. You pull away to look up and see the bird as Eren leans in to kiss your neck softly. You eye it as it circles right above you and tap on Eren's shoulder.

"Let's go inside love..." you whisper in Eren's ear as you put your sunglasses back on and Eren takes the small of your back to walk you into the restaurant as he puts his back on.

You walk into a nice beachfront restaurant, right on the ocean and brimming with people. You both look around for a table and something catches Eren's eye.

"Hey, check it out," he grins as he walks over to the community's pinboard and looks at a flyer. "They're having a horror movie night at the drive-in tonight, wanna go see The Exorcist?"

"The Exorcist?" you laugh as you go up to it and Eren grins.

"Yeah, why not? Come on, live a little Woods..."