Chapter 18: Dancing With A Stranger

I don't wanna be alone tonight (alone tonight)
It's pretty clear that I'm not over you (over you, over you)
I'm still thinking 'bout the things you do (things you do)
So I don't wanna be alone tonight, alone tonight, alone tonight

'Dancing with a Stranger' by Sam Smith and Normani

=============================================

The clouds of ash keep mushrooming and billowing out of the Stohessian mountain, the explosion so violent that it has combined two mountains into one. It billows out black smoke, ash, and gas, sending it hundreds of thousands of feet into the air to cover Paradis Island in darkness. Paradis, plagued with continuous aftershocks, rolling deafening thunder, and lightning that crashes across the sky.

Standing alone on an empty street overlooking an apartment building, you watch as ash falls down on the city, covering it like snow. You're wearing your black trench-coat closed, with your black heels with the red soles. You pull up your hand, your violet eyes shining and glowing and a baseball bat appears out of thin air. You smile and rest it on your shoulder and pull out a cigar. You light it up with your thumb and inhale deeply as you watch the apartment building intensely.

You wait for several minutes, puffing heavy smoke from your cigar before you hear what you've been dying to hear. You hear him scream your name in sorrow. You hear her scream your name in terror. You smile devilishly. That's more fucking like it, now the tables have fucking turned.

Your convertible begins blasting Don't Hurt Yourself by Beyonce and Jack White and your grin widens. You've been wanting to do this for a long fucking time.

♫ Who the fuck do you think I am?

You ain't married to no average bitch, boy

You can watch my fat ass twist, boy

As I bounce to the next dick, boy

You swagger over to the Black Jaguar in the parking lot. His prized Jaguar, the last place you two ever fucked. How he was able to go on to fuck so many women in that backseat is beyond you. You run your hand lovingly over it, it really is such a beautiful car.

Without another thought, you puff your cigar as you grab your bat with both hands and swing it violently into his window, smashing it into thousands of tiny shards. His car alarm goes off, drowned out by all the other car alarms going off as the earth continues to shake. You walk over to his windshield and swing into it, disintegrating it entirely. You swing your bat down viciously on his hood, denting it, destroying the engine inside and swing it down several more times for good measure.

You suck from your cigar hard as you look at it now, the hood completely smashed in.

Propose to someone else while you're still married to me? Serves you right asshole.

You impassively look up at the apartment building once more before turning to head back to your convertible, hoping in and immediately pressing down on the gas. Your car takes off, speeding down the ashy empty street as Kill Bill by SZA plays.

♫ I'm still a fan even though I was salty

Hate to see you with some

Other broad, know you happy

Hate to see you happy if I'm not the one driving

You drive past emergency sirens every now and then as you head into the paths. You speed through it, your car viscously kicking up sand behind your wheels as you speed back to your house.