Chapter 28: Sweet Child O'Mine

Now and then when I see her face

She takes me away to that special place

And if i stare too long

I'd probably break down and cry

' Sweet Child O'Mine' by Guns N Roses

=======================================

The empty beach home in the paths lays dark and cold, close to pitch black save for the dim light that comes in from the starry ocean outside. The doors are bolted and the place is empty, There's no way out of here. The air is still, the room quiet, save for the muffled sounds crashing of waves on the shoreline.

Inside the lonely beach home, a young women lays on the floor in a fetal position. She sobs quietly, shaking and trembling, and all alone. She sniffles and sobs, her red hair laying against the floor as she lays in a short vintage lace wedding dress, the same dress she died in, the same dress she was buried in. She's a lost fragment, missing from her body and soul, as over the course of 2000 years, she's fractured away, floated away from her host.

She's the mortal soul of Rose and Yurie and she's been laying on this floor since that day the curse took full hold, the day she flew over Egypt and lost memory of Eren and her mortal life forever. She lays here lonely, frightened, missing her husband and her babies, sobbing for all three. The only company she has is Luna who comes and goes between any and all worlds. Sometimes she'll hear the loud but muffled sounds of Eren coming from this beach home but when she screams out for him, he can't hear or sense her. Sometimes she'll see a small flicker of light run across the room, like a car passing by at night, but she's not sure what these flickers are.

One night, Rose's laying on the floor with Luna, holding her as she dozes lightly when the light again runs into the room but this time it stays. Rose stirs gently from the light and stares at it in puzzlement as it brightens the room. She turns over and her eyes widen as she sees what it is.

She sits up as she sees Eren's face inside the widening bright light, sees him staring into it, like she's seeing through the eyes of Eurydice. She scrambles to her feet quickly as she sees Eren slowly withdrawing from Eury, hears his voice tremble unhappily.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that... go to him, it's okay."

"Er—Eren!" Rose calls out desperately as she steps close to the light, knowing this is her chance. "I don't want to go!"

"No, really, it's okay Eury, I'll be okay. Go to him, go to Paris and Japan and Kenya with him...go with him and know that I love you..."

"I love you too!" Rose cries out. She thinks fast and opens to speak. "Eren I—" she's stopped as the light fades quickly, Eren's face fading with it, leaving her alone in the dark once again. "Noooo!" she cries out in utter despair.

She rushes over to a door and desperately bangs on it. "LET ME OUT!" she screams. "I WANNA GO BACK!"

She rushes to the French doors, trying to throw and kick them open but they're like concrete. "I'm sorry!" she cries out. "I made a mistake! I want him back! I want my body back! I'm sorry!" She sobs in total sorrow over the curse she's brought on herself and collapses to the floor, shaking tragically.

"I want him back," she cries pitifully into her hands. "I don't want to lose him... I—I want my family back..."

She hears the slow creaking sound of a door opening and she looks up desperately to see Founder Ymir standing at the doorway quietly.

"Y—Ymir," she whimpers helplessly as she crawls to the door and throws her head down to the floor. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I was such a fool, I was so angry and I wasn't thinking! Please! Let me out! I need to go to him! I need to see him before this takes him too!"