*Chapter 41: Aishitemasu Eren

Remember a day we dreamt

It's painful for me

I can see your face,

I can hear your voice

'Reluctant Heroes" by Hiroyuki Sawano

=====================================

March of 1992 goes on for you and Eren, a little gloomier than you'd like it to. Despite the happiness you feel when you think of being in his arms, falling asleep as you listen to his strong heartbeat, there's always a small sense of sadness. How can there not be? Every day is a day closer to Eren disappearing from your life, disappearing from 1992 and from the paths for good. The next time you see him, he may not have all that much longer and there's always that small but terrifying possibility that you won't find him, and he won't find you before it's too late.

And so you two go about filling up your two journals with memories and photographs. You go to the Met together and take pictures of both of you goofing off, posing alongside statues, and kissing in front of large pieces of art. When you get home, you quickly run for your journal, a big smile on your face as you glue in two pictures with the caption 'Went to the Met, posed with a sleeping security guard.' You flip through some of the pages of you and Eren and Luna, you two in Santorini and hanging around Chelsea, dressed in black with the caption 'Goths for life or at least till the bars shut down.'

As you flip through, Eren smiles as he comes in with Luna and leans down to kiss your cheek happily. "How's your journal coming along?"

"Mmm terrific," you smile wide, "I've already filled out several pages and it's only March! I can't wait to go through this with yo—well actually I can wait..."

"Mmm so can I," Eren laughs, "what do you want for supper?"

"Mmmm surprise me," you smile as Eren kisses your lips and hands you Luna.

"Got it, one hot surprise dinner coming up..." he grins and leaves for the kitchen before stopping. "Oh! Before I forget! How many days left babe?"

"How many..."

"Days till my birthday," Eren grins like a kid. "I wanna know again..."

"Ohh uhh... it's 7 now..."

"Mmhmm and you know what I want right?" Eren says coyly.

You giggle as your eyes sparkle, "I'm not doing a bodystocking on the same night I gotta wear the ODM outfit Eren, no chance..."

"Ahhh baby, please," Eren whines as he comes and gets on his knees as he looks at you pleadingly. "It's gonna be my birthday, we might not get another one..."

You sigh as you try and figure out how you'll possibly wear a body stocking before nodding in mock resignation. "Fine, when you put it like that, I'm forced to agree..."

"Thank you, I love you so much baby..." Eren says happily as he kisses you. "Do you know what we're doing that day?"

"Mmm I have some idea," you smile. "I already asked Wes to get someone to cover for you..."

"Mmm soooo maybe a day in bed together," Eren says as he kisses your lips in pleasure. "I like the sound of that..."

"Mmm we'll see where the day takes us baby," you smile and kiss him slyly.

------------------------------------------------------------

On March 30, Eren and you sleep in, both exhausted from being up late because of your graveyard shift at the coffee shop. You wake up before Eren and sneakily head off to the kitchen, quickly pulling out ingredients to whip together a fresh cupcake. You bake it, keeping your volume as low as you can and when Luna comes into the kitchen meowing, you shush her and pick her up to cuddle as you wait for the cupcake to bake. Once it's finished, you ice it with chocolate frosting and whip up a little candy flower made of green and blue frosted icing to lay on the side for decoration. You then get to work on Eren's breakfast, grinning ear to ear as you make him bacon, eggs, roasted tomatoes, and avocado toast and his usual black coffee and orange juice.