*Chapter 35: Barricades

Wouldn't it be nice to take a

Walk on some pure white sand

Gaze at the horizon

Without living in fear?

'Barricades' by Hiroyuki Sawano

======================================

On the slushy streets of New York on the second sunset of 1992, you and Eren sit on your knees, holding each other for a long time, just happy to be reconciled and in each other's arms again. When you finally get up from the ground, Eren pulls away and reaches into his saddlebag, pulling out your Versaces.

"I believe these belong to you Miss Size Six?" he smirks as he hands them back and you giggle as you take them in exchange for your bouquet

"Why thank you," you smile happily. "Let me go put these upstairs, give me a minute..." With that you quickly run back up to your apartment with your heels. A minute later, you come back out on the fire escape, rushing down quickly, adjusting your big round glasses, dressed in your blouse, pencil skirt, and a thick dark trench coat, your feet tucked into thigh high winter wedges.

Eren lets out a laugh as you adjust a plaid scarf around your neck and walk back to him. "Really babe? I thought you were officially done with this outfit."

"Mmm no I'll never be done with this outfit," you giggle as Eren picks you up, puts you on your seat and gives you back your bouquet. "I love this outfit. And I want this to be like our first date Eren, this is pretty much what we wore during it..."

"Mmm you're right," Eren murmurs as he watches you. "You look exactly like you did on that tea date..."

"Yeah," you smile and bite your lip softly.

"Yeah... like you were subliminally telling me to ask you out," Eren grins.

You both flush as you settle into your seat and look over your bouquet and Eren smiles wide as he looks you over and kisses you softly on the lips before he looks at your long grey hair. He reaches for it and runs his fingers through it thoughtfully.

"You know what? I kinda like this, it's different..."

You smile sheepishly and flush, "Why thank you..."

"Sooo...why'd you do this? Did you just want something different?"

You look at Eren slightly uneasily and sigh, "I...I didn't do this Eren. I woke up with my hair like this..."

Eren nods slowly as he observes it. "And now you can't change it back?"

"No," you say and swallow hard. "I don't know why Eren, I don't know why it won't change back but... it worries me..."

"I bet," Eren says as he pulls a strand up to his eye to look at it closer as he rubs his thumb through it. He sighs and smiles up at you. "It's fine babe... it's just hair... at least it's still on your head..." he eyes you knowingly and you flush sheepishly.

"Sorry... I may have gone a little crazy ex-girlfriend back there..."

Eren chuckles and shrugs, "It's okay. Ancient history and all that shit..." With that he kisses your head and your cheek and your lips. "I love you," he murmurs. "Let me take you out tonight... where were you heading off to?"

"Mmm well... I was heading off to the club actually..." you murmur as Eren pulls aways.

"Ahh the club," he grins. "What were you planning to do?"

You laugh lightly as you look down at your skirt, smoothing it over. "I... I was gonna go dancing and maybe meet someone new... just for the night..."

Eren nods, still grinning. "If you want to still go, I can drop you off. I don't mind."