*Chapter 38: Little Bones

"Eury... I have some things I have to get off my chest too... I need to talk to you about my afterlife...about the punishment I have to face..." Eren says, looking at you with deep sadness in his eyes.

You look at Eren questioningly as you sit right up in bed, your heart suddenly beginning to beat louder. "Punishment?"

"Yeah...." Eren sighs as he sits right up to and pulls his knees up as he scratches his head. "I umm... I kinda made a deal with the fates about my afterlife..." You look at him and he gives you a small smile. "I made a deal for you and the kids Eury..."

"What?" you say softly. "What kind of deal Eren..."

He looks at you sadly and reaches for your grey hair as you settle your chest into his and gaze up at him in bewilderment. He kisses your forehead longingly and holds you in his arms. "I met with the Fates back in Greece Eury. I made a deal to serve time in Hell for what I did..."

"For what you did..."

"Yeah... for what I did to you, to Oliver, to humanity..." Eren says, his eyes falling. "I knew I have to serve time anyways, but I wanted to make a deal that I'd go willingly if it meant you'd get the kids back..."

You feel like you've gone deaf as you hear him say this. "I don't understand... you're going to be in Hell for all of eternity all while I'll have the kids..."

"Yeah," Eren nods as he gives you a shaky smile. "Maybe that's what had to happen all along for them to show up, maybe that's what's held them back from showing up Eury... I need to be dead and gone for Oliver and Lily to come back to you..."

You shake your head slowly as Eren leans down to kiss you. "No Eren... that can't be it..."

"Listen," Eren says quietly. "I don't really want to get into it right now, it's been a rough night for you. There's already too much going on. Let's just drop it for now and talk about it another night, okay?"

"Okay..."

You feel your head going foggy and you slowly nod, too stunned to probe further as Eren kisses your face and lies down with you. He cuddles with you in bed and holds you in his arms, slowly drifting off to sleep as you lay awake, your thoughts racing from what he just said.

On Saturday, you wake up bright and early for work, bouncing with excitement to know Eren will be moving back in with you. After so many years, after so many hardships, you two are finally going to do what you wanted to do all alone; be together, even after death.

You walk home from work, drudging through the slushy February snow in the afternoon to find Eren leaning against Wes' car as he chats with Wes and two other mutual stoner buddies. He turns as you walk up to him and quickly comes up to you, a big smile on his face, as he picks you up and twirls you around on the sidewalk. You laugh happily as he does, always happy to be in his arms again. He lowers you and kisses you and both your eyes sparkle as you pull away.

"Are you ready babe?" he asks softly, and you nod enthusiastically.

"For you? Always..."

Eren goes inside Wes's car and grabs a box that he must have carried on his lap from the short drive over. It's a smaller box that reads: DO NOT TOUCH and Eren's face turns serious as he brings it to the building's front door as you kick a block against it to keep it open. You lead Eren and the others up with Eren's few boxes and let everyone in. You and Eren go into the bedroom where he quietly puts the box on the bed next to a lounging Luna who looks it over sadly.

"Umm... is there somewhere we can put this that's away of prying eyes? It's really important Eury...no one should look at it but the two of us..." You look at Eren in bewilderment and he smiles sadly. "It's something for us to open together when we're alone and the time is right..."