Chapter 17:Knowing Who He Is 3

Narrated
He gasped for air as the water was poured on his face through a towel. His body couldnt take it anymore.
On the other side of the room...
'You dont understand, he sent me he's body parts, said i only have three dahs left,  i still get nightmares thinking abou...' 'Enough, do you even know we have other things to worry about. That little bitch is busy sluthing around like some Nancy Drew and you're busy whining about a dead ass man.' The old man winced. 'Listen, if she finds anything we're busted, so here i am making damage control' he looked back at the man hanged by his hands on the chains, barely breathing. 'Is that why you captured him?' 'Yes, we cant take any chances now. Get Antonio on the phone now, we need to discuss more on the game plan.' 'What about the cop.' 'That one is old news, we handle things now. I cant deal with anymore of these fuckers. Its high time i take control of the ship.' 'So...are you going to Lottis' funeral' the younger man closed his eyes shut, burying his emotions deep. 'Yeah, after i deal with this mess.'
.
.
.
'I hope you found what you were looking for' 'I did thank you.' 'Wont you have some tea its really g...' 'No but thank you so much.' 'Come again..' I ran out of the house as fast as i could. I couldnt believe what i had seen. I had to get back home fast. I managed to get myself out to that hood and by dawn, i was already on my way to my apartment. Oh that bickering made me forget i hadnt eaten anything. Room service was on it and as always, i was now busy on my laptop while.muching down food, a real 'dont try this at home act.' But i had no time.  I tried Tonny's phone again for the third time but was still unreachable. This had better not be one of his tricks. I went back to my laptop and what i found justified what i had. It all strarted to mke sense, the hospital footages, the texts the call. I was looking for someone who had been right under my nise the entire time. I almost hit my head with a vase. I tied up all the evidence and hid it. I lay back on the bed and heaved a sigh. I was finally on the right track. Three days left and i would be completely innocent. I smiled at that thoughy, and at the same time. I would find the infamous mafia lord. I was about to fall asleep when my phone beeped, it was a text. I thought it was Tonny, but i quickly got up tl what i saw. It was picture. The more it downloaded the more my heart skipped beats. Tears collected in my tears as i seized to believe what i saw. I whispered in denial, 'no, no, no..' Shaking my head to my own eyes,  'Tonny!' I screamed as i saw his lifeless barely recognisable body dangled from a bunch of chains. He had been ruthlessly buchered and i winced at the imaginatiom of the pain he had gome through. 'Come, you might be able to save him.' That text followed.I thought fast and make a screenshot of the text and picture. Just before the sender deleted it. I had no time to rethink , i knew what i had to do.
.
.
.
The long flight back home felt like forever asi constantly kept thinking about the previous day's events. The sender had sent an address and it was the address of the place where it all began, that warehouse. I reached home later in the day but everu second counted. I rushed to the place and it was already night tim. Funny how time.moved when you're having a hectic day. I opened the door and was met by huge men with Ak 47 pointed right at me. No sign of Tonny.
.
.In another part
Burnely walked as fast sh he could to his boss' house. He seemed very busy and stressed, well 'CONCERNED' as even his necktie was off. 'Sir, we...we finally picked a signal.' His boss quickly closed his laptop and strode out fast leaving the poor old man to follow him , again. His boss on the other hand had no time to waste. He climbed the car along with two of his guards. One could see he was angry, like a tiger going hunting. He was hungry for blood.
.
.
'Well, well, well, look who we have here.' I remained stoic as some guy around my age walked in with the most disgusting smirk ever. He signalled his minions to lower their guns. 'Looks like we meet again, princess.' I tried to figure where i had seen him.but i had no memory of him. 'You might not remember me, but you will definitely remember my cousin.' I looked at him again, closer this time.  Suddenly he looked familiar, something about his featured led my memory straight to....Another man , older this time came in. He looked like an igor with his hunchback. Goodness what is this some horror joke. He smiled revealing his seldom brushed cavities. I almost puked in my throat. He opened his mouth to say,  'MEET OUR BOSS' cousin, Javier ROMERO!'