T w e l v e

Spring came, Josephine's favourite season. Three months of serenity, Spring means this.

It's nature rebirth. Flowers emarge after cold months, and this means only one thing - painting. Josephine's favourite subjects were flowers, and now that Hogwarts Castle was sorrounded by greenery, she spent the most time in the garden.

Sometimes, Draco kept company to her, but only when they were alone.

Their bond didn't change much. They didn't speak often, but when they did, no insult fled their mouths, so it was a grate stride. A few fights occured, but nothing bad. The rare times Josephine painted with Draco next to her, he merely observed her.

It relaxed him.

He didn't know how to describe it, but he felt at peace as he looked at her spreading colors on the canvas. Although he liked her paintings, he never made compliments. Josephine was fine with it, she didn't expect thinks like this from him. She only expected him not being rude, and he was doing good, after all.

Draco was satisfied with the relationship they were building. He didn't know her very well yet, but he hoped to do it one day.

For now, he felt comfortable with her, differently from the previous months. As he had hoped, Josephine never stopped being tough to him. Even if this side of her caused him to go on a rampage, at the same time it was attracting.

__

Josephine and Draco were having lunch with their friends. She was seated between Draco and Theodore and, as always, she left salad in her plate. The blonde noticed she didn't finish her meal, and pointed to her plate. She nodded, giving him the permission to eat.

"Are you going to paint today?" He asked as he grabbed his glass of water.

"Yes, in the garden about five."

"Got it." 

"Jo, what do you want to do today?" Pansy smiled happily.

"To paint." She merely answered, no emotion on her face.

"And...?" Theodore questioned, getting close to her.

"To paint." She said again.

Draco didn't understand - what was about to happen today? 

"Ehm, did I forget any festivity?" Blaise's eyebrows frowned, confusingly as he looked at his friends looking for an explanation.

Theodore raised his eyebrows as he looked at his friend with an obvious look on his face. Blaise started thinking deeply, and as soon as he realized, his mouth gaped, "Man, it's April 8th...Happy Birthday, Jo!"

What?

Draco's wide open eyes flickered over his friend, then over Josephine keeping her head low, "Today is your birthday, Blake?"

"Don't remind me." She looked up, boringly.

Draco scowled, he didn't understand why she wasn't happy. Usually, people are cheerful when it's their birthday, aren't they?

"There's something wrong with your birthday?" He asked innocently, gaining a deadly gaze by his friends. Still not understanding a thing, Draco shrugged, "What did I say?"

"Malfoy, leave it, please-" Theodore said as he touched Josephine's hand, comforting her.

"No, Teddy, don't worry." She smiled, and turned to face Draco, blinking rapidly. Draco had already seen that action before, and he had learnt that when she did that, it meant something bad, according to her body language.