F o u r t e e n

"Alastor Moody." Defense Against the Dark Arts professor introduced himself, the same man who Blaise called alcoholic. He always used to drink from his flask, and always acted strange, "Ex Auror, unhappy about Ministry, and I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of the story." He said rapidly.

"He has the gift of synthesis." Josephine whispered to Pansy, seated next to her.

"Can any of you tell me about the Unforgavable Curses?" The professor asked.

"They're three, Sir." Hermione answered, promptly, "And they are called that because they are unforgavable. Casting of one of them-"

"Provides you a one-way ticket to Azkaban." The man sharply interrupted her, "The Ministry thinks you're too young for this, I don't agree. You need to be prepared for what you'll face." He was writing so quickly on the board that his words were incomprehensible, "Weasley!"

"Yes?" Ron's frightened eyes lifted up on the professor.

"What's the first curse?"

"Erm...my father told me about the Imperius Curse." He shyly stammered.

Professor Moody listened to his answer as he opened a glass jar and gently picked up the spider within it. He casted a spell in order to make the spider bigger, "Imperius." He uttered the curse and the spider started floating, following the directions that his wand commanded.

After playing a little, he put the spider on his palm, "Longbottom, right?" The professor said to Neville, seated in the first line, "Stand up." The boy obeyed, "Professor Sprout has told me you're good at Erbology."

"Yes," Neville stammered, "There's also the Cruciatus Curse."

"What did he say?" Josephine whispered, frowned.

"I didn't get it." Pansy shook her head.

Draco, seated next to Goyle in the line behind the two girls, noticed how Josephine's voice had turned weaker. What was wrong with her?

"Yes, yes! Come!" Moody said as he invited Neville to approach to his desk, and let the spider rest on a book, "Crucio!" He hissed, pointing his wand against the insect, which started twisting and letting out painful whimpers.

"Oh God-" Josephine mumbled, the right moment she heard the unbearable sounds caused by the spider's sorrow, and she started quivering and crying.

"What's going on with you, Jo?" Pansy gently placed a hand on her shoulder as she staring at her indecipherable look. She had never seen her like this before.

"Blake?" Draco whispered, leaning out over his desk to peer and see what was happening.

"Oh no-" Theodore's voice was heard behind them, "Shit-" He muttered as he abruptly snapped on feet before rushing to Josephine. He fell on his knees next to her, "Honey," His hand kindly stroke her hair. As soon as Josephine felt her best friend's warm hands, turned around to look at him. Her body trembled violently, her eyes full of tears.

"It's alright, I'm here. Breath with me." His hands held hers as he inhaled and exhaled to help her. Draco witnessed this scene with utter confusion. They had told him Josephine was sensitive, but he didn't think she was so much. 

"Breathe, Jo." Theodore said, looking right into her eyes.

"I can't-" Josephine sobbed out, her heavy breaths.

"Yes, you can, just breathe with me." Theodore forced a kind smile as he slowly nodded.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering them? Stop it!" Hermione yelled to the professor, at the end of her rope, as she saw Josephine and Neville's reactions.