T w e n t y - o n e

The corner of Draco's mouth slightly raised as he reached out, for her to place her hand on his palm so that he could take her away from Adrian. Josephine stood disoriented and opened her eyes wide.

Adrian's curious eyes flickered on her face as he was impatiently waiting for her to reply, but she didn't have the slightest idea of what to do. She wished to let Adrian finish his sentence to know what he wanted to say. Maybe he was about to ask her to dance and she would accept this time, but she also wanted to take Draco's offer.

They were both gentle and lovely, she didn't want to be rude, "Well..." Josephine stammered, faltering about what to say before turning to Adrian, "What were you saying?"

Draco's smile fell at her question. She only had to say yes, he hadn't done it with no one else.

Adrian politely smiled, "Nothing." He muttered as he shook his head, "Go dance with Malfoy." He nodded towards the dance floor.

"Are you sure?" He nodded, "Alright." Josephine smiled, "Let's go then." She placed her hand on Draco's and waved to Adrian. Before turning and walking away, the blond looked daggers at Adrian as he stared at him, his daring eyes.

"What were you doing with him?" Draco immediately questioned as they marched.

"I only said hi." Josephine naively answered. As soon as their feet touched the dance floor, a slow dance started. Draco puffed and rolled his eyes, "Do you prefer a more lively dance?" She chuckled, "We can wait, if you-"

"No, it's fine."

She was better than Pansy and Astoria to him.

They stood before one another staring at each other's eyes, awkward in that situation. That would be the first time they touched, and it would be weird. Josephine took the initiative, "Do you know how slow dance works?" She took a little step closer to him.

"Of course."

"And are you sure you want to do it with a dirty, freckled mudblood?" Her eyebrow raised.

Draco rolled his eyes, a little sneer grew on his lips as his hands rested on her waist - the tips of his fingers could touch her back, "I could make an expection." He lowly muttered as she placed her arms on his shoulders, intertwined her fingers at the back of his head. And they started swinging slowly, looking at each other.

"Adrian." Theodore caught his attention, "Where is Jo?"

"Guess..." Adrian whispered, tilting his head towards the dance floor. Theodore's gaze immediately landed on his best friend dancing with Draco.

"What the hell-" He snarled, shocked, opening his eyes wide, "Didn't you ask her to dance?"

"I was about to do it." He brought the glass on his lips, "But I was cut off."

"So you let her go with him?" Theodore raised his arms with incredulity.

"I don't want to have problems with Malfoy. He pissed me off, but it doesn't matter. When they'll end, I'll ask her." Adrian smoothly answered.

"Since when you're so peaceful?" Theodore frowned because Adrian was one of the people less placid he knew, of course after Draco.

"I don't want her to have a bad idea about me." Adrian bitterly sighed.

"It'll be hard with Malfoy."

"It means I'll have to work hard." Theodore slowly nodded, "You sure there's nothing between them?" Adrian's head tilted towards Draco and Josephine.

"What?" Theodore opened his eyes wide at his question, "No, no, you're getting it wrong. They're just friends, don't worry. Jo is only too kind." He reassured.