T w e n t y

"Who Harry and Ron are goign with?" Josephine questioned.

"Calì and Padma Patil." Hermione shortly answered.

"Oh, I didn't expect it-"

"Enough talking, Jo." Hermione let her wrist go after they rushed to her bedroom, "We have to hurry, we're late."

"You're making me anxious." Josephine said as her hand grabbed a chair.

"God, how on earth can you be so calm?" Hermione asked, panicked, as she slipped on the wood.

"Because I'm not going to the ball with the boy all the girls drool over." She coldly stated. For her, Viktor Krum was everything but hot.

"Yeah, right." Hermione breathed in deeply in order to chill.

"Calm down, it won't be so terrible." Josephine chuckled as she took the products for makeup.

"Make me pretty, please." She closed her eyes to let her friend apply mascara eyelashes.

"Your natural face do the 99% of the job, Hermione."

"You're so sweet, Jo." Hermione shyly smiled, "Where Theodore is going to wait for you?"

"At the entrance of the great hall, where I suppose also Viktor will wait for you."

"Did you find the dress?" She asked, recollecting that her friend had no idea of what to wear.

"Oh, yes." Josephine muttered with satisfaction as she nodded.

"Knowing you, you're going to astonish everybody."

"Pff, maybe."

__

"So, is he there?" The Gryffindor asked as her hands tortured her own arms due to anxiety.

"Yes, he's pacing back and forth with Teddy." Josephine replied as she looked out from the top of the stairs, which led to the entrance.

"Oh God, do I really have to do it?" Her hand scratched her forehead.

"If you prefer, you can take off and land right before him." She joked, causing Hermione to laugh as she fixed the gown of her dress and the her curly hair, "Come on, I'll go down after you, you're not alone." She slightly patted her bottom.

"Won't you go down the stairs with me?" 

Josephine tenderly smiled, "This is your night, not mine."

Hermione nodded and walked towards the stairs, but before she looked out, turned again, "Jo, I love you and you look fantastic."

"These are your last words?" She mocked, "I love you too, and you look even more fantastic."

Hermione took a deep breath, and finally decided to go down the stairs before Viktor's careful eyes as she approached, and he softly kissed her hand when she got to him. Josephine followed her immediately after, smiling at that scene.

Theodore's body totally froze as soon as he saw her.

He stared at his best friend as she walked towards him with a big smile on her face, but he couldn't move. He stood still where he was - his mouth wide open and his eyes peering over her like they never did before.

"Good evening, Mr Nott." She said politely, "We're elegant tonight." She stated as her eyes studied him from head to toe. The tux was perfect around his body, his curly hair were tidy and his shoes polished. He was perfect.

"Good evening to you, Miss Blake." Theodore observed her too, and couldn't help but wonder how gorgeous she was. He always found her pretty, even in the worst conditions, but he'd never seen her like this and didn't know whether he was able to take his eyes off her. He just wanted to look at her for the whole night.