N i n e t e e n

"Jo-"

The girl was heading to the Black Lake to write her diary when Hermione's voice and fast steps blocked her doings, "Hey." Josephine turned with a tender smile on her lips, "Why are you in hurry?" She said as Hermione was running, holding her books.

"Jo, you'll never believe this." She stopped right in front of her, her heavy breaths and rosy cheecks.

Josephine chuckled by seeing her so happy, "Enlight me, what I won't believe?"

"You know that the Yule Ball will soon take place, don't you?" 

"Are you asking me if I know it? I had to dance with Crabbe during McGonagall's dance lessons because of this ball." Her eyes rolled at that memory.

"I remember...I had to dance with Neville." Hermione muttered with disappointment.

"Oh, how sweet." Josephine smiled at the thought of how cute Neville was.

"Yeah, but that's not the point." Her friend shook her head and picked the subject up, "Do you also know that boys have to take a girl to the ball, right?"

"People talk only about this-"

"Guess who just invited me."

"Ron?!" Josephine yelled with enthusiasm, without even thinking.

"Um, actually no..." Hermione mumbled as she slowly grew sad.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Then, it's Harry." She smiled with encouragement in order to make her feel better.

But Hermione shook her head, "Theorically, he wants to take Cho Chang."

"Oh, the Ravenclaw girl he always stares at. So...Fred? George?" Josephine kept saying random names, but Hermione's head said no at each one, "Dean? Seamus? Lee? Col-"

"Viktor Krum." She abruptly cut her off.

"The leader of the break dance school asked you to be his date?" Josephine's eyes wide opened, "Did you say yes?"

"Of course I did." She broadly smiled.

"I'm so happy for you." Josephine's arms tenderly embraced her friend.

"Thanks, me too." She broke the hug, "Even though I wished someone else asked me." Hermione muttered with disappointment and sadness, talking about Ron.

"Well...I'm sure he'll regret it bitterly and he's going to die of jealousy when he'll see you with Viktor." Josephine comforted her as she winked.

"What are you talking about, Jo? What jealousy?" Hermione said, feeling embarassed as she tugged a strand of hair behind her ear, "Instead, who are you going to the ball with? Did someone asked?"

__

A few days earlier...

"Salazar, I can't wrap my head around what's so exciting in a ball." Draco scoffed as he noticed how euphoric the girls in the library were for the event. His body swinged along with the chair he was seating on as his foot rested on the table.

"It's an occasion to be prettier, and it's cute being invited by someone." Josephine answered as she wrote her notebook, "What does this mean?" She pointed a concept in the book with the pencil.

"Do you care about this stupid ball, too?" Draco turned to her with his eyebrows frowned, ignoring her question.

"I only care about the meaning of this stuff." She insisted as she kept pointing at the book.

"I don't know." He briefly said.

"Christopher Colombus, Draco, studying with you is less productive than playing at wizard's chess with Bizet." Josephine hissed as she stood up to fetch the dictionary.