A Sickly Thespian

Requested by homocore6969

Lynette's POV:

I arrive at my Matthew's house early in the morning so I can see him off to his play. I won't see him all day because tonight is "opening night" as they say. They're gonna be rehearsing all day before the first show at 7. He has two more tomorrow, too. I knock on the door before I go in announcing my presence. "Matty! Hello! Where are you?" I shout as I see all the lights off. I set my purse on his couch before I go and play hide and seek. He always has an extra flair of  dramatic when it comes to me. Its fucking adorable.

You'd think I'd try the bedroom first but it was more of my 5th option. But there he was, in bed, well halfway, his foot and arm was sticking out. Matthew's a crazy sleeper but not this crazy. He kicked me off the bed once and I was pissed. I check my watch as it says 7:15, yesterday he told me he had to be there by 7:30. Worry grows in me when I hear him snore softly. This play is so important to him, why would he sleep in? I walk over to his nightstand to get a better look at him. He's sweating profusely as his thick eyebrows are drawn together, not enough for pain, but uncomfortableness. He must be sick or something. I have thought he was pushing himself a bit too hard.

I gently shake Matthew awake and as I do I feel his skin burn hot against my palm. I shake him a little harder and he finally stirs. He's definitely sick. "Mmm, Lyn? What are you doing here? I thought you were coming at 7." He slurs sitting up and turning towards me. I allow him to wrap his arms around me as he nuzzles into my stomach. "It- it's past 7, 7:18 to be exact." I say slowly. He stops in his tracks before jumping up and starts moving about his room. "Shit, shit, shit! How did this happen? I'm gonna be late to my own show!" he shouts as he runs to the bathroom, stripping himself of his boxers on the way. "Hey, woah, woah, you're sick, Mr, you're not going anywhere." I explain as I follow him into the bathroom. Matthew sits here and claims he's not sick and yet he's leaning his forehead against the glass shower door instead of getting in. "I'm not sick, I'm not, I'm not." He whines as I try to pry him out of the bathroom. This is gonna be a long day.

"Lynnnn. This is my life's work! I can't miss it for a lousy fever." He says as he slides to the floor to halt my pulling. I turn so I'm positioned to pick him up bridal style so he can't get himself out without hurting himself. "See, I'm on the walls now! Could a sick person do that?" Matthew cackles as he squirms. "A fever and delirium? Yeah, I think you're gonna have to miss this play, babe." "NOOOO!" He screams while kicking. I sigh in frustration as I try another approach. The ol' potato sack. I pick him up, somewhat easily and throw him on my shoulder while he weakly struggles to get out. I place Matthew on the bed gently and turn to grab him some clothes when he grabs my wrist. I look back and notice his eyes welling up with tears as he sniffles.

I immediately crouch down and brush his hair out of is face and ask "What's wrong? Does something hurt?" Matty shakes his head and holds my hand. "I was really excited about this play, and now that it's finally the day to show the world, I'm too sick to go." He cries. I swiftly remove my shoes and climb into bed. He sobs into my chest as I rub his back comfortingly. "I know, baby, I know. But you were pushing yourself too hard and now look, you're sick. Just rest. Your crew will figure something out. You have an understudy, they can do your part until you're better. everything will be fine." In the time I was comforting him he had time to relax and fall asleep. I smooth out his hair as I slowly ease out of his grip and go to get hims some medicine, water and food. I watch him snore for a second before walking out the door.

Matthew's POV:

Cool. Wet. I open my eyes from my nap and feel something cool and wet on my forehead. It's refreshing. I smile as Lynn stares back at me from the edge of the bed. I reach up and touch the thing on my head, finding a damp rag. "Well, how do you feel? You slept a long time." She informs me. I yawn and look at the clock, it's already 5. "I feel a lot better actually, damn, I can't believe I slept that long." I stretch. I skillfully pull Lyn down next to me in the motion. She cackles as I attack her in kisses. "Stop it, Matty!" "Never" I squeal as we roll around on the bed. "I spent all day sleeping so I'm going to smother you with love all night."

She jumps out of my grip and off the bed. "Not before we get you something to eat." Lyn says as she puts on her shoes. "Yeah, I'm starved." I say throwing back the covers. I look down and notice I'm dressed. "Did you dress me?" I ask as I walk to change into public clothes. "Yeah, its not exactly thrilling laying next to your unconscious and naked boyfriend, felt like the room people are in when they get made up for a funeral after they die." I laugh as I walk over to my beautiful girlfriend. A flash of worry crosses her face. "Are you sure you feel that much better? You were really warm and delusional earlier." I peck her on the forehead and lips before reassuring "Yes, babe, I feel great. All I needed was some rest. I feel as fit as a fiddle. She nods with a small smile as she caresses my cheek.

"Good cause I'm driving your car." Lyn yells as she runs away with my keys. I shout quickly after her, "Wait, it's brand new! And no offense but your driving skills are terrible!" I catch up to her as she jumps in the driver's seat. "Hmpf, offense taken. Now get in we're hitting chick-fil-a." I get in pouting but happy about our dinner plan. I love Lynette. What would I do without her.