Chatty Ice Cream

Requested by: slaughtermilll

(The whiplash lmfaoo)

Ramona's POV:

He's an asshole. I don't even know why I'm here. I turn off my car but I don't get out as I watch people file into the lot where Sex-Bob-Omb are playing tonight. Knives texted me and asked if I was going. I debated on it but decided to go. If she could watch Scott perform, why couldn't I? On that note I get out of the car, confidence found. Scott definitely hurt Knives more than he hurt me. But the fact that he did that alone is why I broke up with him. It just wasn't right and I don't need anymore of that kind of person in my life.

Over the past few months they've become quite popular. This place is packed full with young adults and college kids. I sift through the crowd, trying to find someone I know. Julie and Knives are no where to be found. Scott's sister and gay boyfriend are out of sight too. Not surprising to be honest, they probably saw me already and decided to make themselves scarce. I give up my journey and just stand near the bathroom. The crowd screams with excitement as the band comes out. I turn my eyes away as I see Scott, anger bubbling in my stomach.

"I know you" A voice stays. I look up to see who it is, hoping it's not an ex or a thirsty guy. It's the young kid that hangs out with Scott and his friends. "Oh, hi. Sorry, I don't remember your name." He shrugs as he leans against the wall next to me, not too close but not far either. A comfortable distance. "I'm Young Neil." I return his smile as I engage in a conversation "Ramona, though you probably already know that." He laughs lightly as he nods. His round eyes compliment his smile so nicely.

Me and Neil talk more and more as the Sex-Bob-Omb plays. Although half of the conversation is him rambling about one thing, getting distracted, and introducing a new thought he has. It's endearing. He's so different from my other exes, he speaks his mind in a non-arrogant way. Neil has a carefree attitude that's so refreshing. I want to talk to him more. "You wanna get out of here?" I ask, intentionally leaving it open ended. I don't wanna get too attached and find out its a ruse and he's no better than everyone else.

Neil's eyes light up as he enthusiastically asks, "Ooh! Can we get ice cream? I know this good place!" I grin warmly as he gently grabs my hand and leads me to the door. As we get into my car he proceeds to list all the ice cream flavors he can think of. When we reach the counter of the ice cream parlor he has started over on his list. I give the tired girl at the counter my order and nudge Neil to do the same. He just mumbles about his favorite flavors, unable to decide. "Chocolate, please." I interject when I see the girl get more and more angry.

"Wow, are you psychic? How'd you know I wanted chocolate?" It was the first flavor he mentioned and he's said it five times. I chuckle as I pay for the ice cream. Neil said he didn't bring his wallet because he never planned on paying for anything, I believe him easily because he said he doesn't have a car either and rode with Stephen. The wallet thing is pretty smart actually. It makes it easier to save money. He's pretty smart, he's just a little absent minded.

We eat our ice cream and talk for a long time. After an hour or two his legs have ended up in my lap and I'm wearing his chain. Honestly the time just flew by, I don't even know when he gave me his chain. "Yeah and then he fell!" He cackles, finishing a joke. I laugh as I watch his cheeks redden and eyes water from joy. For a while I didn't think a guy could be that happy but Neil has proved me wrong. There is no hint of arrogance, power, or ill intent, just a nice guy having a god time. His giggles slow as he asks "What?" I shake my head as I stand and pull him to his feet. "Nothing, I just...enjoy hearing you talk." His cheeks flush again as I keep hold of his hand.

I lead him back to the car as I tell him more jokes, we laugh, hand in hand, side by side. Nothing but nice vibes fill the air around us. We climb back into my car as I remark, "Let's get you home, we don't want your parents to worry about you." the chatter box weakly shoves me as he giggles. "I'm only five years younger than you, Ramona!" "Fine, but let's not worry your honorary older brother Stephen more than he already is." I see him nod out of the corner of my eye. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea." I detect a hint of sadness in his voice as he gazes out the window. Does he not want the date to end? That's so sweet. I feel a hint of joy at the realization. I try to drive slow for his sake.

We arrive at his apartment, a lot slower than we could've. I park in the driveway as I look over at Neil. He looks at me, his eyes having the slightest bit of gloss in them as he announces, "You forgot to unlock the door." I nod as I reach over the console. "I know." I kiss him softly. he hesitates for a second before kissing me back. His lips are so soft I never want to pull away. I tilt my head to get more of him, to taste more of his sweetness. Smacks fill the air as continue, getting heavier but not so much. Neil reaches up to cup my cheek as I hold the back of his head. I never want this moment to end, its beautiful.

After a few minutes we stop kissing and just sit there, our lips connected to each other. We revel in the moment, holding on to it for as long as possible. When we finally get the nerve to pull away we watch each other and smile ear to ear. "I had fun with you tonight, text me when you want to do this again." I whisper as I write my number on his hand. He nods enthusiastically as he hops out of the car. "B-bye, Ramona! See you later!" he yells walking towards the door. He rocks back and forth on his heels after knocking, reading his wrist. When Stephen opens the door he immediately starts pestering him with questions. Their bond is cute. I drive away as I look back one more time in the rear-view mirror. Heat floods my cheeks as my smile is so wide it hurts. I can't wait to see him again.