Escape

Requested by: castratedcatboi666

Todd's POV:
We're fucked. Me and Scott have been traveling across Canada, looking for food and supplies and fighting to survive. While running from them. We have scavenged and ransacked abandoned stores and pushed onward even when we found nothing. But no? We are royally screwed. These past few months have been hard but the shit we are in now takes the cake.

8 months ago a disease broke out when a dead body was mixed into the Canadian water supply. A few people got infected immediately but of course the government took it as a mishap. Those assholes. Now we're all in shit, at least those of who are left. Day by day, week by week, month by month, more people got infected, half of Canada the last time I checked with a radio. But that was two months ago, who knows how many people are left now.

The worst part of this disease is that they don't die. They turn into these greenish bluish gray animals. Their eyes dripping with blood and goo. Their teeth yellowish and gummed up. Skin rotting as they take each step forward. Chunks of it fall from everywhere as they wonder, hungry. They slowly venture the abandoned streets for meat. They pass by all roadkill and small pets. And go straight for the citizens of Canada.

"C'mon, Scotty!" I yell to my boyfriend as we run up a hill, hearing the moans and groans from our followers. We've sprinted miles by now but we can't seem to shake them, they keep coming. A month ago I would've said I'd be dead by now but with Scott's help, we are an unstoppable and deadly duo. His fighting skill mixed with my vegan powers we can stop all the nasty creatures down there.

But now there's too many, too many for us to take down by ourselves. We've been running for days at least. You'd think since they're dead that they would get tired faster but thats not true. I pull Scott into an alley after we get a fair amount away. We lean against the wall as we try to rest for the few seconds we probably have.

"Ya think they died from exhaustion?" He jokes. I roll my eyes and grab a water bottle from my bag. "Not likely." "Have hope! They might have!" Scott jabs at me. We both laugh as we take tiny sips of the water. We save everything cause we don't know when we will get another again. It's already hard running with a backpack but a jam packed one, shit you might as well carry it in your hands.

Our few minutes of reprieve is over when we hear them coming around the corner. The alley is very small but they squeeze through, their lifeless bodies contorting in inhuman and gross ways. The wall is too high to climb, even if one of us gives the other a boost. We're trapped, the only way out is through them. Through the people we used to know, how humans are supposed to be. But now, they've changed. They aren't human.

They're zombies.

Scott's POV:
Todd activates his vegan powers as he steps in front of me. I raise my fists as I ready myself to fight. "You ready, Scotty?" Todd smirks as his white eyes glance at me. "You know it, Toddstar." A second goes by and the next, we leap onto the alley wall and punch our way through. Todd goes ahead gliding through easily with his powers. I struggle a bit, with the zombies grabbing onto my legs and stopping my flow.

I kick and punch out of them with ease, making sure to smash their head to kill them. We are almost through when I get stuck. Two grab both of my wrists as another manages to get hold of my throat. It squeezes it slightly, making it hard to breathe. For a second I think I'm going to die like this but I remember I'm not alone. "Todd!" I scream the best I can, "Help me!" He sucker punches one of them as he looks at me.

I've never seen Todd lose his temper or get absolutely pissed, but the way he looks at me. I have chills. His power goes full ultra, glowing brighter than ever as the zombies in his area are disintegrated instantly. He punches and kicks a bunch of them that are in his path. It's so attractive, seeing him angry like this. My cheeks flush as he comes and grabs me. My body feels warm against his as he carries us to safety, leaving the zombies behind.

"Wow." I whisper when we make it to a safe hill. Todd calms down and hugs me, looking at the sun setting in front of us. "If you could do that the whole time why didn't you?" I ask him. He shrugs and replies, "I didn't wanna show you up, Scotty baby." I roll my eyes and turn him over to tickle him. Todd cackles with joy as I scribble his sides. "Scott! What- are-are you do-doing!" I place small kisses on his cheeks and nose while my fingers move. "I'm going to-to k-kill you!" He squeals, grasping my thighs. I go faster as I retort "The sentiment would be there if you weren't giggling like a little girl." He screams, snorting like no tomorrow. It's so endearing.

It makes me so happy that we can still have moments like this. Free of worry, stress and anxiety. Just us, me and Todd, loving each other. My boyfriend is kinda dumb but he still has a kind heart that no matter what will make sure I'm okay. He truly is a good person. I don't understand why Ramona would throw away a guy like this. He's the whole deal! Hot, kind, and romantic. He's the perfect deal!

I give Todd a break and let him catch his breath as I watch the stars poking through the orange sky. "So, you think we're safe?" I ask after a few minutes. He sits up and throws his arm around me. "For now but in the morning we definitely should get a move on." "For now, huh?" I smirk. "Yeah?" He comments confused. I kiss him tenderly and run my fingers through his hair. When we part I enlighten him, "Then that means we can have a little fun? Right now."

"That's bordering on exhibitionism, don't cha think?" He mumbles against my lips. I shrug and sit on his lap. "You once were a rockstar, now you'll be a pornstar." He hugs my waist before adding, "That is way better than that vegan pun from a few years ago." I smile brightly making him laugh. "Thanks, I've been workshopping it." He kisses me passionately as the rays of the sun disappears behind us. Todd really makes the best out of a bad situation.