Cheating

Requested by: homocore6969

Matty's POV:
I lie in bed alone in bed as I think about something. Tomight my drummer girlfriend said she would be coming staying over. Lynette and I have been dating for a few weeks and one day I went to one of her band's concerts. We kissed in the backroom while the band after them played. Envy was mingling on the ground floor. I didn't know where he was. And at the moment I didn't care. In that place in time, Lynette was mine and only mine. I liked her and she liked me. And then I heard the door open and a gasp. Lynette gasped in return but by the time I turned around whoever was there was gone. That left me confused, cause Lynette seemed so shaken by the person. Why did us kissing shock the person so? Who would care right? At the time I partly thought it was cause her hands were up my skirt grabbing my ass but I was partially wrong and right. God, I hope I'm wrong.

After I left the backroom to let her practice, what she originally went in there to do, I went to find Envy. She might know who it was and why they were so surprised by our kiss. I spotted her and just as I did so the door to the warehouse slam. I squeeze through her fans and tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. "Uh, Envy? I need to ask you something." When her attention is pulled away from the door and to me a smile spreads across her face, replacing the furrowed brow she had. "Sweetie! You look amazing! Yeah, what is it?"

I quickly thank her with embarrassment flushing my cheeks. She's always been supportive on my transitioning journey. "Did you see anyone going to the backroom? If so who?" I ask with slight desperation. Her eyebrows raise as her answer hits me like a truck. "It- it was Todd, he was going to see Lynette." Why would he want to see Lynette. Before Lynette and I started dating I noticed they share some looks while performing songs but I didn't think of it any more than signaling cues. They have shared an intentional arm touch from time to time now that I think about them together. "Why?" I deadpanned, my brow furrowed. She shrugged with half a laugh as she said, "They're dating, why wouldn't he?"

I left after that. I didn't see him or Lynette I just left. I couldn't believe Lynette would do that to someone. I don't. Not at least until I hear her say it herself. Thats why I invited her over I guess. I sent her half-assed texts yesterday but I made ip an excuse on why she couldn't stay over. She barely sleeps at her place anymore but yesterday and the day before I just couldn't bear to look her in the eye. Not when I suspect her of cheating. A tear falls over my cheek as the word enters my brain. Lynette's sweet and caring, why would she do that? Envy would have no reason to lie about this either, I never told her I started dating Lynette and I guess my girlfriend didn't either. Because of the other person she was dating.

"Hey, Matty." said girlfriend announces as she enters my dark bedroom. She climbs into bed immediately, I assume she has pajamas on like she normally does when she comes over late. I turn over on my side as I feel the cover pull upward. "You look really sexy in that night gown." I don't respond at her suggestive comment. My cheeks remain cold as I feel her peer of me. "What's wrong, babe?" She asks. I do hear the nervous tone in her voice, like I've already declared her guilty of her crime. I give her a side eye as I try to choice my words carefully.

Fuck it, I ask her as bluntly as possible, "Did you cheat on me with Todd?" She sighs as she settles back on her side of the bed. "Not- n-not exactly." She starts. A flash of hope rises in me but is quickly buried when she adds, "I cheated on Todd with you." Anger bursts in me as I snap back, "Is that any better?" "No! No, no, it's not." Her nervous tome changes to one even softer, regret. "Did you like him? Like really like him?" I ask a bit of my insecurity slipping in. "No," I feel her head shake "No, not like I like you, he was just a fling at most. I dated him for the simple reason of why not. Honestly after he saw us I couldn't even look at him. I felt bad."

My fury resides a bit at the fact it was unintentional and just a sudden happenstance. It was still shitty to do but at least she wasn't trying to juggle two people like an asshole. I let out a deep breath as I comfort her a little, "At least you admit your mistake, but I'm still pissed so we're gonna sleep on this." I close my eyes as she turns to my back but doesn't go any further, which I appreciate. "You won't break up with me will you?" She squeaks out. I'm not going to, I forgive Lyn, I really do, but I choose not to respond. I just want to see exactly how much I mean to her. Call me an asshole but it shows genuine remorse if she gives an appropriate response. Whether she actually would care if she broke up with me like she did Todd."Please don't break your with me. You're my whole world, I don't know what I would do without you. I love you, Matty."

I press my lips in a straight line to try and suppress the smile thats trying to contort my lips. My heart flutters at her confession. I'm so glad the room is dark right mow so Lyn can't see the crimson that's settled on my cheeks. I laughed they for a few minutes listening to her mumble her plea over and over again. When the pleas become a barely audible whisper, I turn towards my Lyn and caress her cheek. "I love you too" I say to her scarcely awake figure and fall asleep my self. She did a shitty thing but that doesn't make her a shitty person. I love her with all my heart.