" Lipstick "

Sidharth

I was working on my laptop having back to back meetings with my clients and team before I take a off  from work, I had planned on spending my time with baby zahara and shehnaaz trying to convince her to say no for the divorce. My phone rang getting me off my thoughts I saw a message from shehnaaz saying she is waiting outside, I excitedly left my office to meet her down.  She was sitting in a cafe near to the office along with a man who I was unknown too, I took my seat right next to her looking at her making sure she is fine.

" Are you alright ?? Should we go and vist the doctor and get you checked because you look extremely week "

" No I'm fine, it's just waking up in the odd hours to feed her "

She says looking at me with so much pain in her eyes making me mad at myself for leaving her alone but from now on I have decided to stop myself from overworking and spend time with my family, the man Infront of us cleared his throat getting us out of our little bubble he introduced himself serving me a file, I open the file up and find divorce papers signed by shehnaaz. I couldn't see the paper's anymore my eyes blurred with tears which were threatening  to spill, the lawyer excuses himself for few minutes letting us to have a talk with each other.

" You were serious??? I thought you we're just trying to scare me with it but you are actually doing this. Divorcing me "

" Sidharth I had to think about this a lot, it wasn't easy for me ..... "

" Than don't leave me, it's hard for both of us. I couldn't never think about something like this ever in my life "

" But things need to happen and go on sidharth, I can't be into a marriage where there is no connection between us "

" We have wonderful chemistry baby, this marriage is just a certification we know our love is beyond anyone's expectations "

" We had sidharth, we had. Now all I could think about is us leaving our separate life we don't even live under same roof anymore . And I need to do this to myself for my own good and so for you too "

" I could never be happy without you shehnaaz "

" You are sidharth, you are happy it's just that you haven't realized I'm not there in your life anymore. Maybe this could give you a clear picture "

She said looking at the file and than at me, she takes an envelope out of her bag giving it to me. She got off her seat watching me with pain in her eyes.

" Read this when you get time. I have already signed the papers, my lawyer will talk to you about the further procedure. It was good to know you sidharth, bye "

She says packing her stuff I tried stopping her but nothing seem to work she was just  repeating she needs to go, she couldn't afford staying any longer and I need to sign this for the sake of our baby. The lawyer came back after talking to shehnaaz who left immediately, he spoke about the documents where shehnaaz had clearly mentioned about mutual consent divorce and she wouldn't be acquiring any of my possession or money and she would be happy if I could support the baby if I want to and would be taking zahara under her care if I'm ok with it , I sigh after listening to the lawyer signing the documents.

I go back to our place and sat on the couch exhausted my head was aching and the only name running in my head was ' shehnaaz ' , I bite my lower lips avoiding to cry, I took the envelope out and ripped it open apart I found a note from shehnaaz along with her engagement ring, I held the ring in my hand reading the letter she sent.