The discovery

Nick had woke up that fateful night, unsure why, but he knew it had something to do with the black shadow that had darted through the forest. He looked over, about to tell Lill, when he noticed she was gone. Worried, he got up and left the tent to see her fluffy red hair disappear in the trees, the shadow following her. He panicked and was trying to decide if he should tell someone else or just follow her.
He followed Lill and the Shadow's path, unsure of whether he made the right choice or not. He heard a scream and ran in the direction of it. By the time he got there, it was too late.
Lill was hung in the trees, her beautiful face and clothes bloody. Her stomach cut and her throat slit. She had a look of pure terror and pain in her eyes. She resembled a broken doll.
He waited for the shadow to tie her body in the trees and as soon as the shadow was out of his hearing range, Nick walked over to Lill. He reached up and carefully untied one of her hands so he could hold it as he whispered painted apologies.
He went back to camp and realized thatit was morning. Ashley noticed hislm and was about to say something when Fiore asked him about where he'd been. He paused and looked away, trying to stay strong and not cry. Fiore realized something was wrong and gently tugged Alec's sleeve as if to tell him.
O̶n̶e̶ d̶o̶w̶n̶, m̶o̶r̶e̶ t̶o̶ g̶o̶. T̶h̶e̶y̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ L̶i̶l̶l̶ w̶a̶s̶ b̶r̶u̶t̶a̶l̶, w̶̶a̶̶i̶̶t̶ u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ I̶ g̶e̶t̶ m̶y̶ h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ o̶n̶ ⱤɆĐ₳₵₮ɆĐ. T̶h̶e̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶y̶ w̶i̶l̶l̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ t̶r̶u̶e̶ b̶̶r̶̶u̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶t̶̶y̶.

 T̶h̶e̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶y̶ w̶i̶l̶l̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ t̶r̶u̶e̶ b̶̶r̶̶u̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶t̶̶y̶