Why him?

3rd Person POV:
When Alec woke up that morning, he had a bad feeling about the day ahead. He looked around the tent and realized that Will and Tom weren't in there. He walked out of the tent and saw Will sitting with Ashley, Fiore, and Grett. Grett had Fiore in her lap, rocking he gently and braiding her hair. Tom wa nowhere to be seen
Fiore's POV:
Something's not right. I know it. Maybe someone died? It makes the most sense with how scared I am, but I don't think anyone died. Hopefully. Oh my god. What if someone did? Alec walked out of the tent and looked over at me. I was sitting in Mo-Grett's lap as she braided my hair. Tom was nowhere. When everyone got up, we decided to look for him. I went with Mom, I mean, Grett and we searched. We went back to camp after we found nothing. When we got back, Ashley was crying and Drew was shaking like a leaf.
3rd Person POV:
As it turned out, Fiore's hunch was right. Someone did die. And that person was Tom. Drew and Ashley found him drowned in the lake. He had blood on his hood and mask and had obviously tried to defend himself.
K̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶'s̶ P̶O̶V̶:
T̶o̶m̶ w̶a̶s̶ i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶. I̶ h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ d̶i̶d̶n̶'t̶ p̶l̶a̶n̶ o̶n̶ k̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶m̶. B̶u̶t̶ t̶h̶e̶n̶ h̶e̶ f̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ b̶a̶c̶k̶ a̶n̶d̶ h̶u̶r̶t̶ m̶e̶. S̶o̶, I̶ h̶a̶d̶ t̶o̶ k̶i̶l̶l̶ h̶i̶m̶. T̶o̶o̶ b̶a̶d̶. T̶h̶e̶ l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ w̶a̶s̶ p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ t̶o̶ h̶i̶m̶ t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶, s̶o̶ a̶t̶ l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ s̶h̶e̶ l̶o̶s̶t̶ a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶. 4̶ d̶o̶w̶n̶, 1̶0̶ t̶o̶ g̶o̶.