Ch. 3 ✨The Exterminators✨

*Y/N's POV*

The sound of an exploding building yanks me from my sleep in a gasp, lifting me into a sitting position.
Alastor isn't in the bed, but instead, standing on the balcony, outside.

Colors of yellow and orange fall from the sky, and I can hear screams. Loud, horrid, screams down in Pentagram city.

I get out of bed and run outside, only to raise a hand over my mouth at what I see beneath me.
Angels attacking demons with spears, killing them mercilessly, leaving there bodies behind in the streets, there black blood staining the pavement.

"They've come early," Alastor exhales a breath, hands on the stone railing of the balcony. "They must have been bored."

My insides twist in such a fast, hard manner, I find myself nearly collapsing. Alastor's arm wraps around me, steadying me, which I both hate and thank him for.

He kept me from falling, but with his arm wrapped around me, it forces me to stand here and watch the angels murder the demons.
My blood runs cold...

For a moment, I wish that I was back in my hometown, in my apartment, unaware of the truths Hell keeps, of the prices paid.
But I can't undo what is already there...

So, I stand here, and watch it all play before me.

Down below, the sight of a small black and brown Dog Demon screaming and running away catches my eye, and so does the ruthless angel on her tail, his spear pointed at her for a death strike.

I gasp. "He's going to kill her!" I turn to run, "we have to help!"

"No, Y/N!" I feel Alastor's hand grab my arm, not pulling me back to him, but merely keeping me from running forward.
I flip around at him, seeing his eyes darken, filled with an emotionless, cold, stare that leaves me hollow.

"An exterminator will kill you if you step foot on those streets. Let those lesser demons die, what good are they?"

"What is wrong with you?!" I shout, swinging my arm to get out of his grip, "let me go!"

"I will use force to keep you here, Y/N," his grip tightens even more, his voice becoming low and dark. "You will NOT leave..."

I stare at him for a moment, slightly frightened, but mostly furious.
I hate making him angry, but in this moment, saving that little Dog Demon is worth Alastor's anger.

"You can't stop me," I say through clenched teeth, breaking out of his grip before I shut my eyes and imagine myself on the streets of Hell.

My body begins to become weightless.

"Y/N!"

Everything goes black.

★★★

The next thing I know, I'm emerged on the panicked streets of Hell, quickly running and jumping when a car suddenly explodes beside me.

Demons are in a frenzy, running back and forth, trying to hide while the grey and black angels chase after them, most of them able to kill the demons in less then five seconds in the chase.