Ch. 1 ✨A Day In The Afterlife✨

*Y/N's POV*

"And that my fellow sinners, concludes the end of our time together!"

I glance at the radio beside me, playing softly in an old fashioned scratchy tune while it sits on top of the polished counter.

My hands are hot and soapy from the dish water, and after the final dish is done, I grab the nearest towel and dry them off, before hearing Alastor's voice through the radio again.

"May all have a wonderful night! And I will see you tomorrow...stay tuned," he finishes in a demonic voice, chuckling before the static of the radio gets louder, until it shuts off completely.

My fiance, everyone.

I chuckle softly, setting aside the towel to dry before I decide to go into the library to catch up on a book I've started reading last week.
Since Alastor is so old fashioned, there is no TV in the household. Only a record player, and a REALLY old telephone that hangs on the wall in the corner.

I've tried to get him to get a TV, but he refused.
Something about a certain overlord...I don't know his name, Vax? Vox? I think it was Vox.

But deep down, I think its because he's afraid to try new things.
Such a silly man he can be.

So yes, at least I got a Hellphone that why I won't be driven to insanity from Alastor's 'blast to the past' stuff.

At some point, I hear the doorbell ring in an old timey song, before the static familiar voice fills the air.

"Y/N darling, I'm home!"

I smile, putting my book aside, getting up and running to the spiral black staircase before I run down two steps at a time, and collide into his open arms.

One hand carries his staff, the other, a white bag.

"Hi honey," I kiss him on the cheek, "I missed you."

"And I, you, darling," he smiles, setting his staff aside to wrap his arm around my shoulders.
I blush, before my eyes catch the glint of red on the bag he's holding...
...and the slight red on his teeth.

"What's in the bag?" I point at it, feeling a slight uneasiness about it. There was one time, Alastor came home completely drenched in a demon's blood, all of which he wore a little proud.

He glances at it. "Oh! Just a little something I picked up at the butcher shop! You know how they all LOVE me, Y/N."

"And the blood on your teeth?" I ask, watching him smirk as his tongue licks it off in a hungry sort of way, which I try not to flinch at.

"I prefer to...sample, before I buy," he winks at me, chuckling under his breath as he turns. "Now then! Go and wash up, I shall make dinner tonight."

"Aren't you tired?" I ask. He's been gone since four in the morning, and its already six at night.
He shakes his head. "Not at all! In fact, I feel as if I can run a marathon!"

"Well, save some of that energy for tomorrow, love," I cross my arms, "we have that big cook-off at the hotel, remember?"

Since tomorrow is the One year anniversary of the Hazbin Hotel being open, Charlie wanted to do something special.
Alastor's idea was that it should be a stand up comedy show, all of which HE is in control of, but Charlie and I disagreed.