Ch. 20 ✨Saving Him✨

*Y/N's POV*

"Lucifer?! LUCIFER?!" I bang on the wooden door, painted white with a red apple door knocker, though I don't waste my time with the knocker, I use my fists and hands. "Open the door! Please!"

I continue to bang, before I nearly fall inside the house when the door suddenly opens, revealing a blond hair, fair white skin with painted pink dimples, and pearly white fangs for teeth, his suit a white color decorated with golden chains and pins.

"What in the world?! Wh-who are you even?!" He asks, his eyes scanning me up and down, taking in my messy appearance. My clothes are ripped and stained with my blood, my face is cut and badly bruised, and my lip is spilt.

His eyes widen. "What...happened to you?" he asks, before flinching when I grab him by the shoulders desperately. "Please, please you need to help me!"

Lucifer chuckles nervously, using his cane with the apple top to pry my hands off his shoulders. "Uh...yeah, love to but...who are you?"

"I'm Y/N," I respond, licking my dried up lips, "I help your daughter Charlie at the Hazbin Hotel. I'm the only immortal human in all of Hell."

"Oh...OH!" He says, his eyes widening. "YOU'RE that girl! Wow," he chuckles again, "you know...yoooooouuuuuurrrrr not supposed to be down here, right?"

"That doesn't matter right now!" I say, "please! I need your help to save Alastor!"

"Alastor?" Lucifer's face furrows, before its replaced with a look of annoyance when memories of his encounter with Alastor fill his head. Memories I have no idea about because Alastor has never told me he's met Lucifer, though the look of Lucifer's face, they aren't fond memories.

And his tone is enough of an answer when he responds.
"Ohhhhhh, that one," he hisses a little, "what's his deal?"

"He got hit by an angelic weapon and is dead. Please, please please PLEASE you have to revive him!" I beg, clasping my hands together, desperate.

"Whoa whoa, I can't- I can't just REVIVE someone, especially someone like...Alastor," he says, before stepping aside when I barge into his home unannounced, my desperation turning to anger.

"You're Lucifer Morningstar! King of Hell! You're the strongest one here and I need you to please save him!" My eyes glance around the room, my brow furrowing when I see the hundreds of...rubber ducks. All shapes and sizes, each one a different theme, wearing a different outfit or hat.

I scan the room for several silent seconds, the look of utter confusion on my face, causing Lucifer to laugh nervously. "They're uh...they're my daughter's toys from when she was little. Yeah," he laughs, kicking a duck aside, his hands behind his back in a shy way.

...Yeah, he's totally lying. But that doesn't matter.
I approach him, having to look down because he's shorter then me. I don't know what else to say or do...how can I convince him to save my love, Alastor? Without ending with me sacrificing anything important...like my soul. Though, even if it does come to that, I would do it, if it means Alastor would live.

"I will do whatever you want, or give you anything. Just..." my voice cracks, a few uncontrollable tears falling from my eyes.I raise the sleeve of my shirt to wipe at them, sniffling.
"I can't lose him, Lucifer..." I whisper, breathing in a shuddering breath. "I-I love him, so damn much. And I...I had lost him once before, many years ago...I don't want him gone again."

I ignore Lucifer's confused brow when I said many years ago, and I bury my face in my hands, crying. I'm not ashamed to be crying in front of the King of Hell, due to the fact that I can't even control my tears from falling.

Lucifer stares at me with soft eyes, his fingers raising to touch the golden ring on his finger.
I don't see the flicker of pain flash through his face when his fingers graze his wedding ring, or don't even notice how he exhales softly, his eyes lowering to the floor as his mind fills of his wife, Lillith.

I don't know this, but deep down, Lucifer understands my pain. Of losing someone you love so much, and being desperate and willing to do anything to get them back.
He feels the same for his wife, but unlike me, his wife didn't die.

She...left. Randomly. And has never come back.

He raises a hand to touch my shoulder, which causes my hands to fall from my face, my eyes seeing his soft smile.

"I'll help you," he whispers, "you don't have to give me anything back. I'll do this for no price." He smiles again, and I can't help but throw my arms around him, hugging him.

"Thank you, thank you so much," I whisper, before I feel him pull away to look up at my face.

"Now, where is Alastor?"

★★★

Fast forward an hour, and I now sit by Alastor, who lays lifeless on the bed, his coat and undershirt stripped so that we could see the wound to his chest.

And, all the scars he has on his chest, stomach, waist, and...back.
My breath hitched seeing all his scars, feeling waves of hurt wash over me, knowing how he got all those scars. From his childhood...from bullies, from his father.

With the help of Angel, we wrapped bandages around Alastor's chest to clot the wound, and now, I stay seated by his bedside, staring at his face.

Lucifer sets up candles, and draws a pentagram on the floor, displaying a few candles for each corner, turning the lights off, and grabbing a knife.

"I uh...for this to work," he looks at me, holding the knife, "I need some of your blood. Not a lot! Just a few drops. You okay with that?"

I inhale a sharp breath. I've always hated whenever I would get cut, and now...he's asking me to cut my hand for my blood.
I nod, slowly, hesitantly reaching over and grabbing the knife, inhaling a bracing breath as I bring the blade to my hand.

A hiss escapes past my gritted teeth when I put more pressure into my skin, opening it for blood to drip.

"How many drops?" I ask.
Lucifer takes my hand and brings it to the center of the Pentagram, where a little cup of Alastor's blood is displayed. "Just three drops should do," he replies, counting until he reaches drop number three, where he then releases my hand.

"There. Go get bandaged, and after that, I'll probably need your help again."

I rise from my chair, reaching over to grab a spare cloth to wrap my hand, tying it tightly before I join Lucifer's side as we stare down at Alastor.

I feel Lucifer's hand grasp mine, before he places our clasped hands on the wound on Alastor's body, as he begins to chant in tongues.

I shut my eyes, and chant alongside with him.