Ch. 17 ✨The Truth Is Served✨

*Y/N's POV*

Something...isn't right.
I glance around my surroundings, only to see that I'm standing in what appears to be a calm, ancient swampy forest. The sounds of frogs croaking fill the air, while golden fireflies sparkle in the air as they fly around.

I look around, confused, and wondering where I even am. One moment, I was sitting by Alastor's bed side.
And the next...

"I was wondering when you would show up," a soft, female voice speaks behind me, with a subtle southern accent.
I flip around, for my eyes to widen when I see who stands behind me.

A woman, twenty-two at best, wearing a crimson skirt with decorative black stitching while she wears a long sleeve black blouse with a lace rose head attached to the left side of her chest. 

Her face is round, her cheeks a rosy color, and her hair put up in a 1920's style bun underneath a pink colored cap. 

Something about her face seems familiar to me, and when a few seconds of me staring at her pass, realization sinks in, and my eyes widen. 

"Elizabeth?" 

She smiles, nodding before she steps closer to me, her face holding a stoic yet beautiful expression. 

"Bu-but how can that be? I-I thought your soul reincarnated into...me?"

Elizabeth giggles behind her dainty pearly white hand. "Just because my soul is in your body doesn't mean that you still can't see me. I'm always here, whether inside you, or...in this dream state." She looks at our swampy surroundings, her smile softening and her eyes...becoming sad. 

"I do miss seeing New Orleans though," she whispers, her eyes falling to the small pond, decorated with white and pink lily pads that are in full bloom. "Being out here...it makes me feel like I'm home again."

She looks at me. "Though that isn't the reason why I came here. I came to warn you," she takes my hands into hers, her fingers soft and delicate against mine. "You're in terrible danger, Y/N. And you don't have much time before it's too late."

"Before what's too late?" I ask, "what do you mean I'm in danger?"

A few ideas come to mind. Maybe I'm in danger due to how many demons want to slit my throat because of how I tried to get answers about the Overlord's name. Or maybe I'm in danger because of...

I gulp. "Donovan."

"Yes," Elizabeth nods as her hands release mine, "Donovan is extremely dangerous, greedy, manipulative. If there is anything he wants, he'll take it. And what he wants right now...is you."

"He's not going to have me, I'll make sure of it," I respond firmly. I won't give up easy, I'm not going down without a fight when it comes to this fucking demise threatening to kill Alastor, or this obsessed, sicko called Donovan. 

"There's something else..." Elizabeth waves her hand in the air beside us, and a little cloud appears before us, and scenes of Donovan standing in what appears to be in this castle made of obsidian, an evil, sadistic, smile on his face.