✨Epilogue✨

*Several Years Later*
*Y/N's POV*

🎶"...I don't want to set the world on fire...I just want to start a flame in your heart."🎶

I continue to sing under my breath, hands stirring at a pan of jambalaya cooking on our stove, my mind drifting into another world, another memory that has long passed...while the noises of two little children giggle behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I glance over my shoulder, seeing my oldest by seven years,
S/N--(Son's name)--and my youngest, being the age number five,
D/N--(Daughter's name).

I smile softly, seeing there little facial expressions that they make while I sing. S/N was smiling a little, though he did look partially tired of my singing, due to the fact I've been singing it on and off all day, but my daughter D/N was smiling as wide as I've ever seen.

She has her father's smile. And his hair color, and his eyes.
D/N's shoulder-length hair is half red on top, and half black at the bottom, with a few thick wavey strands of hair from the French braid I had given her a few days prior. Plus, cute little doe ears sticking out of her head.

Whereas my seven year old son has my H/C, and E/C. But when he shapes into his demon form, he looks like his dad...and slightly like my demon form as well.

But in my children's human forms, they look exactly like me. Even D/N, when she's shaped into a human form, but since we live in Hell, they stay in there demon forms.

I giggle softly, continuing to sing under my breath as I finish making dinner, adding the family secret recipe.

"Why do you sing that song, mama?" D/N asks, her voice sounding high pitched and adorable, with the faint static of a radio. A silly trait that she could turn on and off, but as of right now at her age, she can't really control it.

I blush, the memories attached to that song filling my mind once again, a warm tingling sensation flooding my chest.
"It's just a very special song I like to sing," I reply. D/N is still a bit young to understand me and Alastor's story, but our son knows about it, though he finds it cheesy.

Boys...I giggle a little.

I can't believe me and Alastor are already eight years into our marriage, and our bond is only growing stronger with each and every passing day.

A year into our marriage, I became pregnant with our son, S/N.
The look of pure and utter joy in Alastor's eyes the day I announced my pregnancy is a moment I will never forget.

He was thrilled, overjoyed, and at the same time...very scared.
He never dreamed he would become a father, and since his father was so awful towards him and his mother, he was even more frightened.

He didn't know if our children would be happy with this life, this realm, if they wouldn't be accepted due to being half demon and half human.
And worse...he was afraid that they would be...scared of him.

But with enough reassurance, and encouraging words that I spoke to him throughout the days and nights, his fear slowly began to wash away, and was replaced with pure happiness.

The day our son was born...it was a moment both of us will never, ever, forget.
Hearing his crying, holding him against our chests, it was incredible.

I remember for a week straight, I would wake up and not see Alastor in bed, only to go into the baby's nursery and find him cradling our son in his arms, sitting on a rocking chair as he softly hummed to our baby.