Ch. 5 ✨The Little Dog Demon✨

*Few Days Later*
*Y/N's POV*

"I brought you some lemon tea, in case you were thirsty," I approach the Dog Demon slowly, because she still flinches away as if I'm holding a whip.

I sit beside her on the couch, passing the sweet and tangy, hot tea to her.
Her tiny black paws wrap around the cup gingerly, raising the rim to meet her lips as she takes one little sip.

From head to toe, she's covered in black fur, her brown eyes holding a frightened stare as she continues to glance around the room, in fear that Alastor will emerge from the shadows and hurt her.

I will admit, Alastor hasn't been making this easy on me.

It took me an entire day of arguing and pleading him to allow this demon to stay here until we figure out what we should do with her.

I don't have the heart to send her back out onto Hell's crime ridden streets, though Alastor thinks that's the best way to go.

After a day of arguing with him, he finally allowed the demon to stay here, but demanded that I hurry and figure out a plan, and that I make sure that the demon stays out of his sight for the time being.

So today, when Alastor went to his broadcasting tower, I knew it was the perfect time to get to know the demon a little bit better, to understand her situation before I decide initially what's the best way to go.

"So, do you have a name?" I ask after a moment of silent.
Her brown eyes meet mine, staring at me nervously for a moment before swallowing the lump in her throat and letting out a tiny whisper.

"Nellie."

"Nellie, well, Nellie," I clear my throat, "my name is Y/N." I hold out my hand to shake hers, but I recoil my hand after an awkward moment of her not responding to my shake.

I clear my throat once more. "If it isn't too much...maybe you can tell me a little bit about yourself."

Her eyes meet mine, holding my stare for a silent second, before doing one quick nod of approval.

"What do you want to know?" She asks, her voice tiny and soft.

"Well, for starters, how old are you?" I ask this first because she seems to be too small to be an older demon, and her voice sounds a little bit like a child's voice.

"I'm twelve," she responds, which has my jaw drop to the floor.
Twelve?! She's twelve years old?!

Nellie sees the shock expression on my face and she quickly stutters out, "I didn't die, I...I was born here."

Wait... BORN?!

I stare at her for several silent seconds waiting for her to continue, which she does.

"M-my parents were criminals in their human life and they died in a car chase back in the 60s," she says "And down here they had me."

She raises a paw behind her neck rubbing it up and down in a nervous manner.
How can demons even have kids down here?! Is it even possible?! well I mean there is Lucifer and his daughter Charlie, maybe it is possible, in some strange, twisted way.