Ch. 10 ✨The Final Word✨

(Warning: Major angst in this chapter. But don't worry, the story will get its good happy ending)

*Y/N's POV*

I can't get Donovan's words out of my head.
He thinks I'm the reason why Alastor is like this? This...closed off?

Its stupid, and yet, as I repeat the words in my head, I slowly find myself believing it.

What if I am the reason why Alastor isn't happy anymore?
I remember back when I was dating Jason, he did the exact same thing.

He shut me out...pushed me to the corner practically.

Though I don't believe Alastor to be the type to have an affair, he is the type to get bored pretty easy.
Maybe he's...bored of me. Maybe...he doesn't love me like he used to.

The thought of it makes my insides twist and my heart ache.
As funny as it is, the thought of having Alastor out of my life would break me.
And Alastor is a demon for goodness sake.

Why is my love life so complicated?

When I finish walking up the stone steps to the front door of our house, I notice that its already unlocked.
Did Alastor get home early?

I push it open, and as if I summoned him with my mind, there he is, sitting on the bottom step of the spiral staircase inside our home.
Which is...unusal, to find him there.

I shut the door, making a loud, slow, 'creak' noise as it shuts, much like in a horror movie.
Alastor doesn't speak, his eyes only stare into mine. The red of his eyes seem to be glowing.

"...hi," I say, clearing my throat awkwardly as I approach him. "How...was your day?"

He rises to his feet. "I should be asking you that question," he walks towards me, which forces me to step back until my back hits the door.
Fear floods my chest. This isn't normal behavior for him...and right now, he looks...extremely pissed off.

But why?

"Tell me, my dear," he says in a low voice, the room around us seeming to darken, or maybe its just how I see it.

"Did you have fun drinking tea with Donovan?"

My heart stops beating. "How did you-"

"Is this normal behavior?" he backs away from me, "do you usually run off and have tea with other demons when I am not around?"

"What?! No!" I say, absolutely appalled by his assumption of me, like he thinks I'm not loyal when all I do is spend my time with him. "How could you say such a thing?! I don't say that about you with Mimzy!"

"Because you have no reason too! I make it very clear that Mimzy holds no place in my heart like you do!" Alastor protests, throwing his hands out in the air. "Do not waste my time! Give me your honest answer, what were you and Donovan doing?"

I gulp, feeling my hands shake as I try to hide them behind my legs. Alastor is going to hate this...

"We were talking about you," I mutter, glancing everywhere but at his burning eyes full of fury.