Ch. 21 ✨Awaken✨

*Y/N's POV*

Me and Lucifer stayed up all night, preforming the ritual, and finally when we had done all we could, we waited.

Hours later, and it's the morning sunrise. Alastor, still not opening his eyes.

I sit by his beside for hours, exhausted to my very core from everything that's happened yesterday and last night. Lucifer tried to get me to leave the room, even if for a half an hour so that I could get washed up and have my cuts treated, but I refused.

I'm not leaving Alastor's side, not until I know that he's okay.

I reach out and take his hand, brushing my thumb against his skin, silently praying that he'll open his crimson eyes and look my way and smile.

Exhaling a shuddering breath, I let my head lower, until my forehead touches the soft blanket. "Please wake up," I whisper, "I don't know what I'd do without you. I wouldn't be able to ever smile, ever again..." A tear slides down my cheek, dropping onto the blanket, leaving a wet mark.

How could I ever smile again, knowing that he would not be there in my life? There wouldn't be anything to smile about anymore...a life without Alastor, is not a life worth living.

I continue to cry softly, before I feel the sudden pressure of a hand touching the back of my head. A gasp leaves my lips as I sit up, seeing Alastor's eyes opened and staring into mine with such love and affection I feel my heart completely flood with joy and relief.

"Such a statement, you never smiling," he whispers, grinning a little himself, "it would be quite an empty world, not seeing your smile."

Tears slide down my cheek, as I lean down and kiss him, slowly at first, before I feel his hands reach up behind my neck to pull me closer, deepening the kiss. This moment...this kiss, is something we both have needed for weeks.

For the first time in weeks, this is a real kiss. No tension, no pain, nothing at all. Alastor is back to his old self once again; the threat is gone...we finally won.

As much as I would love to continue kissing him, losing myself in this warmth I've been craving for days, I pull away, because there are things we still need to discuss.

"You died..." I whisper to him, "I-I-"

"Shush, darling," he puts a finger to my lips, "I know everything...though I am still a little unclear as to how you were able to revive me."

I inhale a breath, and in those few minutes, I explain the entire story. About how I had a dream about Elizabeth, who told me that Donovan was the real cause of everything. About how destroying Donovan's crystal ball would make him powerless. I tell him the details of how me and Angel snuck into Donovan's house, only to be caught and nearly killed. I explain to him how Angel killed Donovan and how I destroyed the ball, then I tell him about how I went to Lucifer for his help to save him.

Alastor's eyes widen at that part, and a little flash of fear can be seen in his eyes. "Please tell me you didn't sell your soul just to save me."

I shake my head. "No, just a little bit of my blood is all I gave," I whisper, before I lean over and hug him. "Though I would've sold my soul if it meant you would live."

Alastor chuckles softly under his breath, his bare arms wrapping around me. "As I would for you, my dearest," he pulls away, staring at me for a moment until his eyes widen, slowly trailing down to see his bare, scarred chest.

He quickly grabs the blanket, throwing it over his head to cover himself.

"Alastor-"

"I never wanted you to see me...like this," he whispers, his voice faint and full of embarrassment, tugging the blanket a little more. "These scars-"

"Are beautiful," I whisper, reaching up to pull the blanket down for him to look into my eyes. I want him to know the seriousness I have behind these words, because it's the truth. He's beautiful...scars and all. He's so beautiful to me.

He stares at me, hesitation in his eyes. "No, they're not," he whispers, shaking his head. "Please, don't lie to me."

"Why WOULD I lie?" I whisper, raising my hands to grasp his shoulders, before trailing a hand down the scar across his collarbone. "I love you, scars and all, flaws and everything. Nothing about you, no damage, no word, could ever change that for me," I whisper, leaning up to gently peck his lips with my own. "You're such an inspiration for me...you always were. There is nothing about you that would ever change how I view you."

I lower my hands, to his chest, which makes him inhale a little sharply, shutting his eyes.

"Plus, I'm going to become your wife one day," I whisper, a little smirk on my face.

He chuckles a little, his eyes meeting mine. "I suppose you are right."

I cup his face in my hands, kissing him softly, but when his hands rest at my waist, there's nothing soft about it anymore.

Finally...the dark clouds are behind us. The nightmare is officially dead.

And Alastor is back. He's back to his normal self...and now, we can officially get our happily ever after.
No Donovan, no demise, nothing is going to stop us now.