Ch. 6 ✨Advice From A Friend✨

*Y/N's POV*

Angel exhales a deep breath as we both sit at Husker's bar. If Husker was here, I wouldn't have even mentioned anything, but since he left to go find some more drinks, it gives me and Angel a few minutes to ourselves to chat.

He throws his arms on the counter, holding his head up to stare at me, his black and pink eye sparkling a little in the light.
"Alright, whatcha need help with, toots?" he asks, his New York accent sounding extra thick.

I brush aside a lock of my hair before I twiddle my thumbs on the counter. "Do you...know anything about, romance?"

Angel groans. "Blech, romance," he shakes his head, "not my style, toots. Takes too long and its out of the way. But," he continues when he sees my face fall slightly. "If its for you, I'm willing to share what I know."

He stretches, his bones making a popping sound. "So," he exhales, "you looking for advice to spice up you and Al's love life?"

"More like advice to fix it," I mutter, "I want to show Alastor that I'm always here for him, and that I'm willing to listen to whatever problem he's dealing with, and help him through it."

Angel raises a finger to his chin. "Well," he taps gently at his jawline, deep in thought. "If he's been feeling down and out, maybe try to take his mind off his issues, instead of trying to pressure him to tell you. Cause, hate to break it to ya, toots. Al's a real uptight asshole, and if there's something he don't wanna talk about, he ain't ever gonna open up to you."

"Thanks for the reminder," I say sarcastically. Maybe it was a waste of time to try and ask Angel for advice, especially since he's involved in...that line of business.

"In this situation, since you've tried to talk to him, and he ain't responding, maybe this time try to take his mind off it. Loosen him up, play his favorite songs, have a drink here and there...maybe head up to the bedroom," he leans in, smirking and winking.

When I don't respond with words, but merely a 'are you serious?' look, he pulls away.
"You have...before, right? Right?!" he pressures, shock in his tone.

I shake my head. No, Alastor and I haven't gone farther then kisses. Though I don't say it to Angel.
Angel's shakes his head. "Jesus, and you're gonna marry him?!"

"Love isn't all about physical, Angel!" I say, annoyed at him. He's supposed to be helping, not pointing out everything that's wrong!

"Alright alright, jeez," Angel sighs, "just do what I said. Take his mind off his issues, make him feel...ya know, like he means something. Make him feel like he don't have to hold the weight himself, that he can share the load. Show him that you're willing, got it?"

I raise a hand to my chin, trying form a plan in my head of how I can do something like this.
It's easier to say then do, but maybe, I can think of something-

Suddenly, the light bulb turns on in my head.

I stand up. "I got an idea," I grin at Angel, "you ain't so bad."

Angel laughs. "Baby, I'm the best there is," he responds through a low voice, smirking.
I laugh, waving him goodbye as I head for the hotel exit.

I'm not going to do it tonight, cause there are some things I need before I can.
But Angel's right, sometimes the best way to tell someone that you're there for them, that you're willing to help them...

Is by showing them.

And with someone like Alastor, showing him is the only option.

I hit Hell's streets, walking on the sidewalks, heading for home.

Tomorrow when he leaves for his broadcasting tower, I'll set my plan in motion.
I'll take his mind off his problems, and when the moment is right, I'll remind him once again of my willingness to be there.

We'll see where it goes from there.
My only hope is that this will actually work.