Ch. 22 ✨Our Moment✨

*One Month Later*
*Y/N's POV*

Hell's skies seem to be a sparkle of flames tonight, much like a meteor shower on Earth.
I sit on the balcony, blanket wrapped tight around, steaming cup of tea in my palms, as I stare up at the dark red and black sky, shining a golden color from the flames that fall.

I hear footsteps behind me, before I can sense his presence lean against the balcony doorway.

"Are you not cold, darling?" he asks, soft smile on his face.
I look over my shoulder at him, blushing, before I shake my head. "How can I be?" I ask, watching him come to my side and kneel down to meet my sitting height.

He glances up at the sky as well, gently clasping our hands together, exhaling a soft breath of satisfaction. 
I can't help but let my head rests against his, brushing my thumb against his hand, both our eyes locked on the sky above us, watching the show.

A month has passed since everything that has happened, since Donovan's permanent demise...
All along, it was Donovan hurting Alastor.

Donovan...who had nearly killed my Alastor with an angelic blade...
A shiver runs up and down my spine, all of which Alastor sees, squeezing my hand a little tighter, as if he knows exactly why I had shivered.

I still find myself waking up a few times a night, reaching over to touch him, to make sure that he's still here with me, and not gone...
A little trauma that I hope isn't instilled in me forever.

I glance at Alastor, not stopping the soft smile that forms on my face.
He looks so peaceful in this moment...his eyes holding a soft gaze, his smile gentle, his touch loving.

Images of him flash before my head, of him when he was a young brown haired boy in a white long sleeve button up shirt, wearing a pair of glasses, his knees and cheeks stained with dirt smudges from playing.

Then, I see him as a young man who owns a radio station in New Orleans, still looking the same, except he's grown into the features that makes him handsome.
His eyes, his smile...his chest and shoulders a little broader from the muscles under his skin.

I see images of him standing beside the round faced girl called Elizabeth, who holds his hand, as she looks over her shoulder at me, smiling softly, before the image fades to white...transforming to me now, holding Alastor's hand, smiling up at him.

This is the perfect moment...this is our moment...

He catches my gaze, and his smile softens even more.
We've been through so much...we've been apart for centuries, only to find each other again.
We've endured all the hardships, the pain, and here we are now. Running for the oasis that we've waited a long time to get.

Though, there's something missing.

I nudge Alastor. "Hey."

He looks at me.

I inhale a breath, before I sing softly a lyric to a song I used to hear on the radio all the time.

🎶"One day I won't be able to ask loud enough...I'll say will you marry me? I swear that I'll mean it, I'll say will you marry me?"🎶

Alastor's eyes widen, but I continue to sing.

🎶"How many guys in the world can make me feel like this? Baby I don't ever plan to find out. The more I look the more I find the reasons why, you are the love of my life..."🎶