𝐎𝐍𝐄

lay

lay.carter

"ZION! Move!" Dalaney fussed at her older brother when she saw him leaning on her brand-new car, a pink-wrapped Rolls Royce Phantom, a gift fromher father of course

her father of course.

"Nigga you act like ima' break the shit, hush," The 23-year-old fussed back.

"Suprised you ain't crash it already, don't know why Dad bought you this knowin' you can't drive,"

"Because I'm his favorite, duh, now move so I can go
see mom," She said before walking into her parent's home.

"Lay! Ooh I missed you baby!" Dalaney's mother, Daila, exclaimed, only because she hasn't seen her daughter in a while.

"I missed you too! I have so much to tell you about that trip!" Lay replied after hugging her mother, then walking to the kitchen hand in hand.

"It's been five days, y'all extra," Her father, Ezrah, said causing both women to suck their teeth.

"Hush. you know you missed me too, Dad,"  Dalaney said, giving her father a look causing him to laugh. She then went over and hugged him.

"And thank you for the car! it's sooooo pretty," She added with a smile causing him to smile.

Now that Ezrah was older, his main goal in life was to keep his children and his wife happy, he felt like he had been doing pretty good with that.

"Yeah yeah, don't crash that one. Ian' buying you another one,"

"I won't, I've been working on my driving skills,"

"You drive like yo' momma lay, ion think so," He said causing her to frown.

"He just hating Lay, that's all he does," Daila said shaking her head at her husband as she approached him.

"You love me tho'" Ezrah replied, wrapping his arms around his wife.

"That I do," She smiled before placing a kiss on his lips, causing Lay to gag.

"Oh my gosh, get a roommmm," The girl said dramatically causing Ezrah to reach over and mush her head.

Dalaney could gag all she wanted to, if she was being real, she wanted a love like her parents so badly.

She knew that she was still young, she was only 19 but she felt like she needed to rush to find love. That was until she had a long talk with her father.

He told her that when love was meant for her, it would come for her, and to try not to rush it because she had time.

Her mother had told Lay about all the things Ezrah did and still does for her, Ezrah never stopped wooing her.

The couple had been married for twenty-three years now, and Dalaney could only hope that she had something like that for herself.

"And that's the end of today's video, please don't forget to like and subscribe! I love you and I hope to see you next time!" Dalaney said to her camera with a warm smile before ending her video.

She worked as a food influencer on all social platforms, she loved cooking and she raked in a good bit of money off of it, not like she needed it though, her parents made sure that she, her brother, and their grandkids would be set for life.

Lay still felt like she should be adding to the family fortune.

She sighed as she walked around her luxury condominium, feeling nothing but loneliness.

The girl actually hated being alone, but she never wanted to bother anyone with her problems.

Sure, she had friends and family but everyone had to tend to their own lives.

So as of right now, she just had herself.

She looked at the time to see that it was only 6pm, she decided to go for a walk.

She went to her closet and put on a simple outfit consisting of some grey sweats, cropped white shirt, and a blue hoodie on top, she also grabbed her stacked socks and her 'bone white' yeezy 500's, her favorite shoe at the moment.

She also brushed through her plain black 26in hair and applied some lip gloss before grabbing her phone, and her airpods.

"I need thirty bands just to pull up for the walk through, you a broke bitch kill ya' self, let it haunt you," Lay rapped as she approached a corner store, decided to get herself some water.

She may have walked a little too far but that was fine, she would just turn around after she got her drink.

A ding went off as she walked inside the small store, she sent a smile to the cashier before going to the drink section.

She quickly grabbed her drink and then walked down the snack aisle, she couldn't help but stop when she saw one of the most handsome men she had ever seen.

He was tall, Dalaney was 5'5 but he was way taller than her, she was guessing 6'0 but he could be taller.

He had smooth dark skin and his hair was neat and cut low, he just looked...clean.

His eyebrows were neat and so was his goatee, he definitely to care of himself.

He was wearing a plain black t-shirt, which was a bit snug around his arms, causing his muscles to bulge.

He was definitely fit as well.

He had tattoos trailing down his neck and arms, and she could tell that they were on his chest as well.

The male was so fine, Lay thought that she was in love.

"Yo, you good?" The male asked her, his voice deep yet smooth.

"Oh, I'm sorry, You're so handsome," She complimented, she just had to tell him
though he probably already knew.

"Uh...'preciate it," He replied, Lay nodded before walking off.

She thought the interaction was calm until shots started to ring off inside the store causing her to duck down and cover her ears.

When the loud gun shots were over she looked up to see the same handsome male with a gun in his hands, staring down at her trembling body.

"You pretty as hell tho' you think I could get yo' number?"

give me your thoughtssss