𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

NOT EDITED

"NAH, she mad at me right na," Judah told Amelia after shutting his phone off

"When's the last time you guys talked?" Amelia asked him next.

"Two days ago, that's when we was arguing,"

"Why were you guys arguing?"

"She uh...She found my pills, and she was asking me about 'em but I couldn't give her no answer to why I still had 'em,"

"Do you still take them?"

"Nah...I been knowing her for...going on five months now, been dating her for two, so I been clean for five months now,"

"Oh wow, congratulations, and you did that all on your own?"  Amelia asked, he nodded.

"That's amazing Judah, I know it took a lot determination, and that's an accomplishment in itself,"

"'preciate it,"

"Now, why couldn't you give her an explanation? Was she questioning you rudely?"

"Ion know, and she wasn't being rude with it. She was just asking and I got...ion know,"

"Defensive?"

"Yeah, defensive,"

"Why is that?"

"I just...I ain't want her to paint me out as some crazy ass addict when I'm not that anymore, I ain't want her to look at me differently,"

"Judah, I know that you said that around her, you feel like you don't have to front. But to me, it's sounds like you're doing everything in your power to keep up this..perfect image or persona for her, because you don't want to lose her, or run her away, but, correct me if I'm wrong," Amelia explained, reading Judah like a book.

"...Damn," Judah breathe out causing the older woman to laugh.

"Tell me why the argument escalated to the point where you guys aren't talking right now,"

"She was tryna leave, I wasn't letting her, she tried to order a uber but I snatched the phone and threw that bitch across the room and it broke,"

"Mama was mad as hell, ian gon' lie. I felt bad, so I offered to buy her a new one but I think that made her madder," Judah said causing Amelia to sigh, shaking her head.

"That's because it's not about the phone, it's the principle. You damaged something she paid for because you were upset, who knows what was unsaved on the phone,"

"Damn, 'ian even think about it like that,"

"All I know is, I'm missing her like crazy man, ion even know how to explain how much I miss her,"

"You can't go see her?"

"She said she ain't wanna' talk to me, I'm tryna' respect that but damn,"