𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

lay

lay.carter

"BRING YO' ASS over here, Lay, quit playing," Judah cursed at the girl causing her to frown

The two had already showered and were now lying in his bed.

Lay had became more nervous around him after their kiss which only happened an hour ago. And Judah noticed.

Judah literally wanted to be in her skin, but he knew that she wanted to take things slow so he'd give her the time she needed.

He did feel like she was too far away from him
though, she was all the way on the other side of the bed.

Lay had already picked up on how clingy Judah was, but she didn't mind it.

She sighed before moving a bit closer, causing Judah to suck his teeth before pulling her into his arms.

She immediately relaxed in his grasp, like it was something that came naturally.

She just laid her head on his chest and his heart couldn't help but swell from the gesture.

Judah didn't know what it was about her, but he first saw her, he knew that he just had to have her.

He knew that she didn't feel as strongly as he did, which annoyed him but he understood why.

He knew that he moved fast, and he became attached easily, but that wasn't on purpose.

Not saying that he loved her, but when Judah loved, he loved hard, and he hoped that she would accept all of him.

"Do you do anything other than, you know, killing?" She asked him, just wanting to know more about him.

"Yeah, I gotta' clean the money I make so folks don't get suspicious, I got lil' businesses like laundry mats and shit,"

"So...how do you decide who to kill like,..how does that work?"

"It's a black market type of thing, I already got a...reputation, so folks just come to me directly. They name the pay, and I get it done," He explained.

He only felt so comfortable sharing this with her because he knew that he would kill her if she snitched, he hoped that he wouldn't have to though.

"I ask why though, cause 'ion kill innocents and 'ion kill kids,"

"People ask to kill children?" She said in disbelief.

"They be askin' for the whole family, children included, shit get dark real quick,"

"Wow...um, what made you want to kill? like how did it start?"

"Killing my moms," He stated blankly causing her eyes to widen.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I killed her. I remember that shit vividly," He smiled causing her to furrow her eyebrows.

"Bitch was weird and cracked out, it was bad. Found comfort in my Grandmother and she took me away," He said, beginning to tell the entire story of his childhood.

Lay listened intently, she was definitely interested in knowing the reason why he acts the way he does.

This would've been his first time vocally talking about this, so his chest was feeling heavy.

"She was everything ta' me for real, she knew how my moms got so she picked me up whenever we could, all that. She showed me what it was supposed to be like.
She was all I had..."

"My moms had moved us away without telling my granny shit, she blocked all the numbers from my family and everything, couple years later my granny passed," He revealed causing Lays frown to deepen.

As Judah told his story, Lay began to realize that there was more to Judah than she thought.

She realized that he never was really dealt a good hand, and he didn't have anyone to have his back or to ask for advice.

He only had himself, and it had been so long since he had anyone else that when he began talking to her he became attached.

He didn't want to let her go.

She realized that Judah had been searching for someone to just care for him, he needed that comfort even though he didn't want to admit it.

"Ion know man, I-I felt stupid cause regardless of how my moms was treating me, I still wanted her to proud of me, to accept me and shit. But she never did,"

"After I killed her I just...ion' know, I couldn't stop that shit. I was mad at the world and I took it out on everyone else,"

"Then niggas was paying me to off somebody, so I did and when I realized how much I could make off that shit, I never stopped," He finished, Lay just looked at him, she felt bad for him and he knew it just by the look on her face.

"C'mon man, youn' gotta look at me like that. I'm coolin' now," He told her, his hands caressing her waist.

"I'm sorry it's just, I never would've thought. You been through so much, you were felt a bad hand from the start and it's crazy because I know you didn't deserve that," She said as she looked up at him, her hand resting on his bare tatted chest.

"Are you okay Judah?" Lay asked him causing him to furrow his eyebrows, nobody really asked him that.

"...I'm good mama," He said, even though he wasn't okay.

"You sure? It's okay if you're not, I would understand," She asked and he nodded, he wasn't ready to get that deep into it but it was nice to know that she cared.

"Stop being weird Judah," Dalaney said to the male as he watched her pat her face dry with the towel he gave her.

They both had brushed their teeth and washed their face, Judah was taking her somewhere but he was too busy staring at her to tell her that.

"You pretty as hell mama," He replied, admiring her bare face causing her to smile.

"Thank you," She replied softly as she felt her cheeks heat up.

"You hungry?" He asked, she nodded.

"What you want?" He asked next.

"Um...I don't know, what do you want to eat?" She replied, hoping to get some inspiration.

"Yo' pussy-

"Judah!" She exclaimed causing him to laugh.

thoughts?