1. Shivangi

Happenings and mishappenings are all a part of life .

"Ofcourse Mr. Oberoi"

All that is carved in your fate by the almighty God. There is nothing you can do about it . Absolutely nothing .

"We'll be really happy"

And my entire existence is a complete mishappening .
"Well , She's a sweetheart . Thank you so much"

As soon as the door shuts on the oberoi couple's back , my aunt turns around raging in anger . Before I can get myself to blink, her palm cracks against my cheek . I don't move , don't loose balance and don't flinch .
Practice .

Turning my face to the front again, I look her in the eyes . She screams on the top of her lungs , " I told you to maintain distance from these OBEROIS and their daughter.  DIDN'T I  ?"

In our posh neighborhood, there is a beachside Villa where lives the Oberoi family . Uncle Archit Oberoi who is as handsome as much as he's kind . His wife Zara Oberoi is the epitome of beauty and class . I don't know how in such a pitiful life of mine I got to be friends with their only daughter . Aisha has always been doubting my family if that's a word. We live in a very small house with a very dark interior and we are here in Goa since I was eight . Before that , I stayed at a sex trafficking center controlled by some mafia groups . You heard it right and from there , these two got me . Not because they wanted, but because they were told to do so by their boss , some other mafia.
I've been mostly homeschooled, thanks to my fate and their desperate attempt to look like a normal family. Aisha comes home often and all we have to do is pretend .

Now that her parents want me to be at her wedding, my aunt is pissed .

"Go to your room you annoying BITCH, get out of my face or I'll kill YOU"

"Calm down Mani" her husband strolls closer to her . I turn on my heels and go to my room which is in the back corner of the house . It has a little bed , a cupboard and a window . I mostly spend my time cleaning this place so thankfully it doesn't smell of alcohol like their own room.  I sit on my bed with a small mirror in my hand. Now about the slap, she cannot control her anger and mostly she tries hitting me how and where it will not leave marks . My beauty is what they've kept me for . My pretty face ,that they can sell to a rich alcoholic man , maybe old enough to be my grandfather's age .

"Are you okay baby" I hear uncle's voice which makes me freeze . They can get millions for my virginity and that's what has kept him from raping me . That doesn't mean he doesn't touch me here and there . I get up and face him .

"Let me see your face"

"No - d-don't  ,d-dont touch me" my voice comes like a whisper .

"Himan !! " His wife growls from her room .  He turns around and rushes back to her . If ever she comes to know his intentions ,  she'll mix poison in his tea for looking at another female and that too me . She hates me.

I sit on my bed reading a book till they call me for dinner . Reading keeps me sane and keeps me connected to the outer world.
It seems so fake to me but still it gives me hope . Like there will be one day when I'll actually be loved.  I'll be respected and not used for being a human of a lesser significant gender. I sometimes don't wish to exist in a world where woman are just expected to just look pretty and endure everything that falls upon us but this stupid hope inside of my heart tells me to wait . I don't know what the wait is for, but it is .

I've just taught myself one thing that the day when I can no longer endure this , I'm gonna end it all and free myself from this pain.  However killing oneself is a sin and the most depraved thing a human could do but to save my honor,  I can and will do it .

"Shivangi !!" I hear the woman yell . I close the book after one last glance, The fates will find a way.

On the table I sit with my head ducked down ."Did you get a mark " she turns my face roughly " God I can't afford to damage that velvety skin and Celestial beauty of yours . It will earn me a fortune for a lifetime" she laughs softly "there are some richie mafia crooks interested in you. Maybe your life will change today only " she exchanges a wicked glance with her husband . I sigh and dig my spoon into the bowl of rice but a sudden sense of fear makes my body fall limp . I get up and head back to my room.

"If you don't want to eat , go get ready in a nice dress . You're not the daughter of oberois that we'll find you a prince charming.  You are meant to be sold , no need to pull a face . It was your parents who threw you away. We are still feeding you anyways" her voice fades in the back of my head and I've heard those bitter words a lot of times . I don't know what happened to my parents but I'm sure they didn't throw me away . They didn't. At least that's how I convince myself.

I get ready in a dress while she puts on tons of accessories to make me look like the perfect showpiece.  We get inside the car to reach the destination. Priya Saraya's Sun Sathiya rings into my ears in the closed car .

I place a hand on my silver anklet . In the industry of sex trafficking, it signifies a virgin girl . The man who takes her virginity , takes the anklet . I've seen mafias collecting these as a hobby . That's brutally funny . After a long journey, I find myself in front of a club . A stripping club like always. I've got used to seeing such places where people give you strange looks . Some like hungry dogs and others like they own you.  Like they have all rights to gape at you ,to eye-rape you . I've always had those looks from people , mostly men around me . Infact Leaving uncle Archit and His brother's family , there is no male who has looked at me like I'm a human . Everyone sees how pretty my face looks,  how long my neck is , how pink my lips and my cheeks are ? Is there any cleavage ? Am I desperate for attention ? Will I let them touch me ? It's disgusting .

However there hasn't been a single incident when I've let anyone lay hands on me . Nobody on this entire planet can treat me like a prostitute because I'm not . I will never be .

I look at the ceiling to avoid tear drops from falling down my orbs . I'm not weak .
Always and always I hear an inner voice that says that even If you aren't fearless, pretend to be . Nobody can tell the difference.

They take me to a room where again about a dozen pairs of eyes freeze at my face .

"Come sit here"one of them says to me biting his disgusting lower lip . He's ugly,  an ugly character and an ugly personality . His tattoo covered body looks ridiculous to me .

I freeze on my position while the lady that brought me here pushes at the back of my shoulder .

NO

She goes to sit with them along with her husband while I step back .

"No, that's not the deal" she declares getting up "my girl's a virgin and nobody will touch her without 5 million dollars in hand"

"Shut up bitch , we want this pretty kitty and if you don't agree we'll take her ourselves " an intimidating man gets up . My heart becomes a drum . RUN. Forgetting everything I grab the door handle , swing it open and sprint away . Without a second thought, I'm out of the club and on the  road running to nowhere.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○