Chapter 6

I woke up early the next morning.  I looked at the clock and it was seven thirty.  I sighed as I sat up and made my way to the bathroom.  I turned the shower on and stepped in once it was warm.  Tommy wasn't awake yet so he didn't need the shower anytime soon, so I stood in the shower for a little bit and thought.

I thought about Andrea and my mom and how they were today, if they were even up yet.  I thought about Nate and how he was there for me last night and listened to what I had to say.  I thought about Cindy and the baby and how I overreacted yesterday.  Yeah I was upset but I didn't need to disappear for the whole day.  I realized, standing in the shower, how much I have and how much I would've missed out on if I had gone through with my plans to kill myself.  No one would know what I would accomplish and I wouldn't have met Nate and I wouldn't have been able to be there for Andrea last night.

I shut the water off when I realized I was crying.  I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around me as I walked back to my room.  I picked out a pair of high waisted denim shorts and Nike crop top for the day.  I changed and dried my hair and proceeded to straighten it and then adding a little bit of makeup.  I grabbed my phone and walked down stairs to the kitchen for breakfast.  No one else was down here yet, dad was probably at work and I don't know where Cindy might be.  I texted Leah and asked if she wanted to hang out.  I finished my breakfast and walked into the other room and watched tv since Leah wasn't awake yet. 

At around eleven thirty Leah answered.  She said that was a stupid question since she always wants to hang out and I laughed.  She invited me over so I grabbed my keys and made my way to her house, letting myself in when I got there.

"I'm eating breakfast!" She yelled from the kitchen. I laughed since she had a mouthful of cereal in her mouth when she yelled, but I still understood.  I sat across from her and smiled.  "You look cute" she said and I smiled.

"So I told Nate" I said and she raised an eyebrow.  That's all I had to say for her to know what I was talking about.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah and he listened to my story and was there for me" I said and she smiled.

"So you were with him yesterday?" She said raising her eyebrows up and down suggestively.

"Yes I was" I laughed.

"Well I was with JJ" She shrugged and I smirked.

"Oh really?" I asked and she laughed.

"You know what would be fun!" She practically yelled "A double date!" She said excitedly.

"Would the boys be up for that?" I asked and she shrugged.

"JJ would do it if I asked and Nate would probably do anything to spend time with you" she said and I nodded.

"What would we do?" I asked.

"We could go out to dinner and the movies?" She asked "Oh! I think the fair is in town or we can go to Six Flags" She said.

"Six Flags is like five hours away" I laughed.

"We'd just have to get a hotel" She smirked and I rolled my eyes.  "Come on! It would be fun, it would be a great summer adventure.  You can just tell your dad that you're coming with my family" She said and I sighed.

"Oh speaking of my dad he knocked up Cindy" I said and her jaw dropped and then she shrugged.

"I saw it coming, anyways what do you say?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'll call Nate" I chuckled as she clapped excitedly.

"I'll call JJ" She yelled, putting her empty cereal bowl in the sink and running out of the room.  I dialed Nate and he answered right away.