Chapter 16

"Yeah, I'll ask her when she wakes up" I heard Nate say.  I sighed and rolled over and wrapped my arms around him as he looked down at me "Oh hang on" He said as he pulled the phone from his ear and covered the speaker.  "My parents were planning on going to a baseball game tonight and they really want to meet you so they asked if we wanted to come" Nate said.

"Yeah that's sounds fun" I said lazily as I closed my eyes again.  He chuckled and put the phone back up to his ear.

"Yeah we'll come" He said and then paused for his mom to say something back I guess.  "Alright, we'll be over around three" He said "Love you too, bye" He said before hanging up.  "We need to be ready in two hours" He said and I opened my eyes.

"Wait it's one?" I asked and he chuckled as I sat up.

"Yeah, do you need to go home?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I need to change and shower" I said getting out of the bed "By the way, I'm stealing these sweatpants too" I laughed and he chuckled.

"Pretty soon you'll have all of my sweats" He said shaking his head.  He got off the bed and followed me out to where everyone was watching tv and eating.  

"Kyle I need to go home" I said and he nodded.  He stood up and grabbed his keys and walked to his car.  "Sammy will come get you at two thirty" Nate said and I nodded as I ran after Kyle.  

Once Kyle and I got back to the house I ran up to my room and turned on the shower and jumped in.  After I washed my hair and body quickly I jumped out and dried myself off before wrapping my towel around my body and drying and straightening my hair.  I walked out of my bathroom and into my room where I had an outfit set out.  I slipped on the double layer blue cami top and a pair of black ripped fringe denim shorts.  There was a knock on my door and I told whoever it was to come in.

"Hey" Sammy said, coming in and closing the door behind him.  He fell back onto my bed as I grabbed my pair of white Vans and sat on the edge.

"I'll be ready once I put my shoes on" I said and he nodded.  I slipped my feet into the shoes and tied them and stood up.  Sammy held his hand out and I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand and tried to pull him off the bed.  "Damn you're a fat ass" I laughed after a few tries.  He laughed and got up on his own.

"Maybe you just need to get a little muscle" He joked as we walked out of my room and down the stairs.  I told my dad we were going to a baseball game and then met Sammy at his car.  We made the short drive back to his house where Nate was waiting by his car.  I moved from Sammy's car to Nate's and we headed towards his parents house.

"I'm nervous" I said.  Nate stopped at a stop light and looked over at me and placed his hand on my thigh.

"Why?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows and I shrugged.

"I mean I'm meeting your parents" I said and he chuckled.

"They'll love you" He smiled and I sighed and looked down at my lap.  "Hey" Nate said, grabbing under my chin and lifting my face up to look at him "You'll be fine, you have me and if I like you then so will my family" He said.  I nodded and grabbed his hand that was on my thigh and intertwined our fingers together as the light turned green.  

When we got to his parents house he ran to my side and opened my door for me.  He grabbed my hand as we walked up to the door.  Before he opened the door he stopped me and cupped my face in his hands and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Ready?" He asked and I sighed.

"Not really but we can't stand here forever" I laughed and he smiled.  He kissed me one last time before opening the door and leading me into the house.  He grabbed my waist from behind and guided me into the kitchen where everyone was waiting.