Chapter 14

It's been two weeks since Andrea was admitted into the hospital.  That day after I left the hospital and sat in Kyle's car, Nate came to talk to me even though I told him a number of times to go away and that I didn't want to talk.

"I'm not leaving you alone like this.  I care too much about you to see you hurting inside.  I'm not leaving."

That's what Nate said to me to get me to sigh and open the door.  

My dad still believes Sammy and I are dating, and even though we're not I've gotten pretty close with him, thanks to the car rides we have a lot from my house to his and back.  I heard a knock on my window and was snapped out of my thoughts.  I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I pulled back the curtain and saw Nate sitting on the roof.  I giggled and opened the window and let him in.

"How the hell did you even get up there?" I laughed as I went to lock my door. 

"I climbed the tree" He shrugged, walking over to me and pressing a kiss to my lips.

"You're crazy, what if my dad hears you in here?" I asked walking back to my bed and laying down, Nate laying with me as he rested his head on my stomach and looked up at me.

"Let him hear" He shrugged as I started to run my hands through his hair "I'm tired of hiding us, I want to be able to come over whenever and hang out, I want to be able to come to bonfires and hang out with you and Sammy" He said and I pouted.

"But we both know that if I tell my dad we're dating, he'll flip his shit and won't let me anywhere near you or Sammy's place" I sighed and he nodded.  He ran his hands over his face and groaned.

"Yeah I know and I hate it" He said.  

"So is there any special reason you came?" I asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"I can't come and see my girlfriend?" He chuckled and I smiled.

"No you can, I was just wondering" I said and he nodded.

"And plus we can't hang out tonight because you're going to be at the fire you guys are having tonight" Nate sighed.

"You could come" I shrugged and he chuckled.

"And get kicked out by your dad? Yeah that's a great idea" He rolled his eyes and I pouted.

"Well I mean technically you're friends with Tommy and Kyle too" I said and he shrugged.

"Yeah but you still would have to act like you're dating Sammy and I would rather not watch that all night.  Even though I know it means nothing I'll get jealous" He said and I smiled.  "And anyways I'm hanging out with GIlinsky and a few of our other friends, Swift, Mike, and Justin" He said and I nodded.

"I've never met Gilinsky right?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah he was at the club when we met" He said and I nodded.

"Oh yeah! He's the one with the nice eyebrows right?" I asked and Nate laughed.

"Yeah I guess, I mean I don't normally tell people that when I describe him so.." He chuckled and I laughed.

"But I've never met the others" I said and he nodded.

"You will at some point, they're Sam's friends too so don't be surprised if they're at the house sometimes" He said and I nodded.  

"Vanessa! Come down for dinner!" My dad yelled.

"Okay!" I yelled back and then looked down at Nate and pouted.  He sat up and brought his lips to mine in a deep kiss.